Support:

iPhone

Search in Community:
Poster
MikeP

iPhone VPN

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems setting up a L2TP VPN on the iPhone. It seems to work fine on Wi-Fi but only intermittently over 3G. As it's working on Wi-Fi I'm assuming there's no problem with the iPhone, the VPN settings (server address, username, password, shared secret etc.), or the server terminating the VPN tunnel.

I was able to establish a VPN twice yesterday over 3g but not at all today (I have full strength 3g coverage & can browse).

I appreciate your help.

Mike
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (7,556 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

Re:iPhone VPN

i have no experience of this mike but it will help others if you can add if you are using the new ios4 software on the phone of the older version.
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 2 of 6 (7,556 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
MikeP

i have no experience of this mike but it will help others if you can add if you are using the new ios4 software on the phone of the older version.

Using iOS 4.0
Message 3 of 6 (7,556 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Caitriona

Did you ever get an answer on this? I have been unable to connect to my work VPN over 3g. it works perfectly over wifi. Running IOS4.0
Message 4 of 6 (7,556 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
MikeP

Did you ever get an answer on this? I have been unable to connect to my work VPN over 3g. it works perfectly over wifi. Running IOS4.0

I've been reading other threads in the forum and it seems there are some issues with Tunneling on the Vodafone Live APN. Pepole have experienced problems with LogMeIn etc.but I haven't found an answer yet......
Message 5 of 6 (7,556 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
MikeP

FYI...just updated the VF Carrier File this morning. L2TP VPN is working :-). (Settings=> General=> About=> You will be prompted to update the carrier file.)

Mike
Message 6 of 6 (7,556 Views)
Please use plain text.