iPhone & Apple Devices

iMessage and FaceTime activation unsuccessful

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hey there I recently got a new iPhone XR and I went on settings to activate FaceTime and iMessage, I also did know it would take 24 hours. But however 24 hours passed by and my activation was unsuccessful. I tried everything from restarting my phone to more and more things that apple suggested but there’s nothing else to help solve this problem. Anyone help?
View more options
5 REPLIES
Community Expert
Have you credit?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
no I do not have credit as of now
View more options

Hi there,

The activation request for iMessage is sent by SMS in the background by your iPhone to Apple's servers in the UK so a charge of €.0.13 will apply when activating iMessage (activation costs the same as an international text to the UK). In order to activate this service, you would need to have an available credit balance.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
ohh okay I understand now, thank you very much for your help
View more options

You're very welcome Smiley Happy

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up