Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

iPhone & Apple Devices

WiFi Calling for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 6S

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Anyone know when WiFi calling will be arriving for iOS on these handsets iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 6S. I'm currently experiencing a less than stable SureSignal experience and I need to move to WiFi calling as soon as possible. No signal inside or outside the house... a complete nightmare.

Any official Vodafone comments would be most welcome on this subject.

Regards,

Anthony

View more options
21 REPLIES 21
Community Expert
Until it launches officially they will not comment I'm afraid.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Thank you Cookie20 for your reply and contribution.

So frustrating... been waiting over 1 year for WiFi calling to arrive... it finally does and my Sure Signal starts acting up and Vodafone launch the service supporting only two handsets... wish I could get out of my contract now and get onto the Eir mobile network as they fully support my family of handsets and have not only WiFi calling but text messaging also... Smiley Sad

Get the finger out Vodafone... Smiley Sad or I'm gone... !! Smiley Sad

View more options
Community Expert
I'd agree. I even heard rumours of a soft launch a few months back but nothing since.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

OOohhh... It's 100% here... but only for two Samsung handsets...  Smiley Happy

https://n.vodafone.ie/network/wi-fi-calling.html

Crazy launching a new service for just two phones... I hope that enough customers can put pressure on Vodafone Ireland to roll out the service for iPhone iOS users asap.

View more options
Community Expert
And what of S9 (and S10 users soon)? Funny launching it on an S8 first.
Cookie
View more options
Poster

Totally.... but hey... we are only their customers... Smiley Happy
Let's hope things will ramp up soon. We can only hope and pray eh... Smiley Happy

View more options
Community Manager

Hi there,

We will be enabling more handsets to support WiFi calling over the coming months, I'd advise keeping an eye on the website for further updates: https://n.vodafone.ie/support/bill-pay-hub/bill-pay/wi-fi-calling.html

I have passed your comments over to the relevant team

- Aoife

View more options
Community Expert
Got the Feb security update today for my s9 and WiFi calling option is now there!
Cookie
View more options
Poster

Lucky you eh!! Happy WiFi Calling.... Smiley Happy Say a prayer for us poor iPhone users... Smiley Happy

View more options
Community Expert
Ah, I'd say it'll be soon enough for them...finger crossed!
Cookie
View more options
Poster
I have it on my Note 8 since yesterday's update to Pie and One UI and February security patch so other top end handsets on bill pay must be just around the corner for it too, was about time though, it's been available elsewhere for so long now
View more options
Poster

I really hope so. No mobile signal where I live inside or outside the home and Vodafone don’t support the SureSignal device anymore, so really need this as soon as possible. 

View more options
Community Expert

Try connecting it to iTunes to see if there's any updates available or see if there's any updates available to your carrier settings on your phone as it may be a soft launch.

Cookie
View more options
Frequent Poster
WiFi calling now available on iPhone I have it activated on my XS Max for anyone interested. Only thing is it doesn’t say WiFi calling on phone like it does on Wir WiFi calling. But the option is on the phone to activate it.
View more options
Frequent Poster
EIR WiFi calling
View more options
Poster
Snap... I saw a Carrier update appear on my iPhone 8 Plus just yesterday and I couldn’t believe it. Wi-Fi calling was finally here, but when I did a test at home from my phone using Wi-Fi calling to my home landline the audio quality was soo poor and almost inaudible.... anyone else have a similar issue ? Or is the audio quality excellent.

I have 300MB Eir FTTH broadband so that’s super fast, so I can’t understand why the audio quality has been so bad.

It also takes a long time from punching the in the phone number to get the call to the destination number.

Any comments or feedback much appreciatedSmiley Happy
View more options
Frequent Poster
Yes I made a call myself it doesn’t sound like the HD call I found the quality not as good as on the 4G
View more options
Poster

I called official Vodafone Tech support and after being past from pillar to post I finally spoke with a Vodafone Business Support person, who claimed that even though I received a Carrier update to enable WiFi calling over the weekend... that my account had not yet been moved over to the new WiFi Calling Service System and they had no timeline for me as to when this would happen.

Sounds totally stupid to enable my handset to make WiFi Calling calls... but then explain that my account is not capable of the service.

I'm a Vodafone Business user with no mobile signal outside my home or inside my home (only with SureSignal), and with SureSignal no longer supported by Vodafone... I asked for priority for my Account to be made active... but of course, it was explained to me that would not be possible... as they don't know themselves and that is a slow and phased release.

Can someone else from Vodafone Business Support help me...? 

View more options
Community Expert
While the link says the S10 supports it I'm not seeing the WiFi calling option on the S10. Thoughts?
Cookie
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up