Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iPhone & Apple Devices

Vodafone confirmed my iPhone6 is unlocked but its not

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Ive been trying to unlock my wifes old phone and after a week of back and forth we got the confirmation from Vodafone that it was unlocked. I have followed the "back up/ restore" instructions 4 times now but phone remains locked to the vodafone network. Step 3 in the process says after restore a message will pop up on itunes saying "phone unlocked" before prompting me to restore. This does not appear. After restore the phone still says "SIM not valid". Is there a way to speak directly with Apple because Vodafone haven't the first clue beyond reading their own knowledge base article. So frustrating as usual.

View more options
6 REPLIES
Poster

Sorted. I was actually still in the unlock queue but Vodafone were blissfully unaware of this. All well that ends well.

View more options

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Glad to hear this has since been sorted for you & thanks for coming back to us to let us know.

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Lucky you only waiting a week,!  I am currently waiting 3 weeks with numerous calls and online chats with vodafone along with visits to store to unlock my IPhone 7.  I've also been on to Apple who confirmed that they had not received my details from vodafone.  Customer service has been abismal and I'm tired of being fobbed off with poor service.

As far as I am concerned I now own this phone and vodafone do not have the right to hold any network restrictions on it.

View more options

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you send a PM with your number, address & DOB, along with the iPhone IMEI and a link to this thread?

- Aoife

View more options
Poster
Am have the same issue. Sorry to hijack but can't figure out how to setup a new forum chat. Can somebody help with getting my phone unlocked.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can check this request for you?

Vodafone mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

IMEI (type *#06# as if making a call to get this):

Make and model of the handset:

Email address:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up