Tethering Query on Vodafone X

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi there,

I'm considering joining Vodafone on the Vodafone X deal.

I was just wondering if I can use tethering as part of the data that comes with that?

I note that the TOS states 'The 20GB data allowance can be used to access the internet via the below Access Point Networks only: wap.vodafone.ie & live.vodafone.com. Tethering over the HS APN or any other use of the HS APN will incur OOB charges.'

However I have read of people being unable to change the APN to the live one , ,thereby getting charged.

Could you clarify if I can tether on my IPhone at no additional cost?

Thanks

View more options
8 REPLIES
Community Expert
You can tether on the plan as long as you use the
live.vodafone.com
APN

If it uses the wrong APN you could be charged. Mods may be able to assist with ensuring the phone is only useing the correct APN.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Thanks Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

If you are connecting to the live.vodafone,com APN, your data usage will automatically be deducted from the data bundle included in your top up offer. However, if you use your handset to hotspot / tether, this would be seen as a different connection type which would cause your APN to automatically switch from live.vodafone.com to the hs.vodafone.ie access point. To avoid charges over the HS APN, I would recommend that you manually delete the HS and ISP APNS's from your device - this should force all data connections over the live.vodafone.com APN.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Community Expert
APN's on iPhones are not easy to change or delete.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
I appreciate both of your replies.

However I’m a little confused, at the moment I can change APN on Eir, do Vodafone prevent this on IPhones?
View more options
Poster
Any update?
View more options

Apologies for the delay, I'm afraid iPhone users would not have the option to manually edit / delete their APN's. I'm really sorry about that.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Ok , thanks
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up