Support:

iPhone & Apple Devices

Search in Community:
Poster

Affinity Discount Taken from my Account???

I tried to deal with this issue via chat, phoning support is difficult as I have an autistic child under 3 years of age that was in the room and I was occupied by him, so chat was a more suitable option as I could reply at my own pace.

I ended up getting frustrated with the chat due to the information I was being given, and I had to get dinner ready for my two children so I had to disconnect the chat and pick up the issue here as chat dont seem to be of much use.

I am eligible for the Affinity Discount on my bill via my employer, I sent an email on January 2014 to have this activated/applied to my account, which was done so, but checking my bill status on Friday I noticed the discount was taken from my account WITH NO COMMUNICATIONS OR APPROVALS since my November bill.

I chatted support who was friendly but didnt answer my questions and gave misleading and conflicting information.

I missed out on the discount for the months of December, January and Febraury, and was advised for me to email again to have the discount reapplied, because it was removed firstly due to (quote) 'the discount was started on 01/01/14 and it was valid for 2 years so it was ended on 31/12/16', ( which is wrong because 2 years would mean the discount would be removed on 01/01/16 not after nearly three rolling years) then I was told it (Quote) 'was removed as you have taken upgrade and your plan was change' (which I did not change my plan and the time between the upgrade and discount being removed was 2-3 months) then I was told my discount was 'disconnected due to upgrade or plan change'. None of these reasons actually makes any sense and it infuriates me that Vodafone train agents to provide lies / false information like this.

Please bear in mind I am not making any errors with spelling or grammer in my (quote), this is exactly as it was typed by the support agent.

Now I am not ungrateful and will add there was €10 applied to my account during this chat by the agent, but my discount savings would calculate to more then that.

My questions:

- What is the actual correct reason my discount was removed from my account?

- Why is your support team giving false/incorrect/misleading/conflicting information?

- Why was I not notified about this change either by email/text/phonecall?

- Where does it state in any Terms and Conditions that this is the policy? (As I did not see anything to this affect stated anywhere)

- When will my discount be reinstated? 

- Will I be reimbursed for the previous few months discount lost?

- Would this be classified a breach in contract by Vodafones side as I legally should be notified in some form or another if there are changes to my account?

A reply would be appreciated,

Very unhappy and frustrated customer.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 9 (394 Views)

Re: Affinity Discount Taken from my Account???

Hi there,

Was this a time limited deal or similar?

Your company should have a rep within Vodafone that can be contacted about this offer, as the Affinity deals are specific to each company.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 9 (387 Views)
Poster

Hi Aishling,

Thank you for your reply.

No I received no notice this was a limited deal when I contacted the Vodafone Affinity Team via email when I set up the discount. Also I only received confirmation again of the discount still being valid via email received on 10.01.2017.

Also the terms and conditions of the Vodafone Employee Discount state 'Vodafone reserve the right to withdraw the discount if you leave the company or if the company ceases to be a vodafone customer.' Which neither have occured so this discount should not have been removed from my account without permission.

The only contact I have for the discount is Ruth Barry, but this is only a postal mail address, no other direct contact.

I don't see why I should be running around trying to get this resolved and readded when I did not request this to be removed off my account?

Regards.

Message 3 of 9 (384 Views)

I understand your frustration, unfortunately, I would be unable to assist you in this matter as the Vodafone representative would be the first line of contact with all questions or issues relating to your company discount. If you are unsure who your Vodafone rep is, I would recommend that you contact your employer directly and they can disclose this information.

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 9 (381 Views)

I have asked our Affinity team to look into this matter for you, I understand you have been in contact with a number of our customer care team already so I would like to have this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 5 of 9 (379 Views)
Poster

Thank you Ashling,

I only have names and postal addresses as contact details that were provided and this isn't exactly suitable as it would take to long to post a letter.

Thank you for escalating this to the Affinity team, I appreciate that you could eventually help.

Regards
Message 6 of 9 (371 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 990
Solutions: 168

[ Edited ]

Affinity plans come with a contract. The typical contract you agree to is 2 years and this matches to your sign up date. You'd need to re contract through your company's affinity plan advisor in order to hold the discount. This was in the details you submitted when you signed up to the affinity plan originally. These discounts are never infinite. You may have got lucky but it also states in the T&C's that they will reasses periodically to ensure you qualify. Just re sign up again for the plan.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 7 of 9 (370 Views)
Poster

Posted from Apple iPhone
Hi Cookie20, I signed up for my plan in December 2013, got the Affinty discount on January 2014, two years from then is January 2016, which my discount was still on my account. So that doesn't really make sense. My husband has the same discount for the same company for longer and still has it on his account without reapplying.
Yes it does state in terms and conditions they can reasses, but I was never requested for proof I'm still employed by the same company, and if there are changes to my plan (by my discount being deducted) I should have been notified in writing, which I wasn't. If a contract is being changed I should have been notified of the price change to allow sufficient time to pull out the contract with no implications. When my broadband price (with Vodafone also) was changed I was notified and given the option to pay the new price or pull out of my contract. Should the same rule not apply? Also my company did not sign me up to this via a plan advisor, we are required to handle this ourselves which is what I did originally.
Message 8 of 9 (361 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 54
Kudos: 990
Solutions: 168

The contract wasn't changed it expired but it just so happened that you were left on the preferential plan. I'd look at this as luck as typically they would have required a renewal of your contract to keep the preferential price.

Your company didnt sign you up but you emailed/mailed your form in because your company is signed up to the affinity plan option with Vodafone. Each company has a contact which manages the affinity plan for them and these are the people you'd need to contact. Typically your HR dept would be able to tell you the name of the contact,
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 9 of 9 (358 Views)