Support:

Vodafone Devices

Search in Community:
Frequent Poster
Dee73

Vodafone smart 858 Battery

I only have my phone less than a week, the battery life is not good at all. I am getting a maximum of 6 hours battery life when it is fully charged. I haven't been using it that much. Haven't taken or made any calls today and 6 hours and it shut down. Is this normal for the battery life ? I am seriously not happy with it, what are my options?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (10,434 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
bk109

Re:Vodafone smart 858 Battery

Err,as most smartphones are somewhat lacking in battery life so you have to do some basic powersaving things to get the most out of your battery(Apparently the battery life or lack thereof is usually the biggest shock when someone makes the transition from a feature phone to a smartphone)
So here are the basic things:
1)Keep the display on the dim side OR at the very least on 'automatic' - This setting is accessed via Menu/Settings(from the Homescreen)>Display>Brightness
2)Turn off the wireless card and the GPS when you're not using them - This will probably add quite a few hours on your device's time between charges. - The fastest and easiest way to do that is via the homescreen widget (longpress on the homescreen ,select widgets and then 'power control')
3)Unless you plan to use plenty of data on the move(that includes stuff like youtube) select 'Use only 2G networks' from Settings>Wireless&Networks>MobileNetworks and also disable 'Data Access' (As the phone connects regularly to your linked accounts,it'll incur you some additional charges... daily)
There are several other things you could try,but as they will void your warranty + they pretty much require a certain level of comfort with your device,so they can wait, I'll let google do the talking if you decide to research them ;)

Just in case,you might want to download an app to check the battery health (SpareParts is a good choice for that)
Message 2 of 5 (10,434 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
ozal

Finally I find the solution myself

This is my first ever Smart phone,Vodafone black smart. I have charged up to 15 hours on the day of purchase. I go to work at 7am, we are not allowed use phone at

work,so phone just rest in my pocket,i come home, just text 4-5 friends and max 20 minutes call to family, my battery flashes orange

I was advised some of my friend smart phone s battery are only last 1.5 day mx 2 days. But my phone now even 12 hours

I brought back to store, the girl in shop said the same sh..t, if you talk too much on phone,and internet battery last only 5-6 hour,i said i m not happy with the unit, i want replace battery,So did.

On my second Vodafone Black smart one,wi-fi connections are failed.I can see all wifi available,enter password "Disabled,wpa2 ......" no connection

All wireless function settings are on, Rang customer service 15 times,Issue not solved,I have search on net and not fixed.Put the phone back to factory settings, NOT OK,

Then I have Disabled/Enabled Airplane mode in Wifi settings, I connect my router no problem.
Message 3 of 5 (10,434 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
bk109

Finally I find the solution myself

This is my first ever Smart phone,Vodafone black smart. I have charged up to 15 hours on the day of purchase. I go to work at 7am, we are not allowed use phone at

work,so phone just rest in my pocket,i come home, just text 4-5 friends and max 20 minutes call to family, my battery flashes orange

I was advised some of my friend smart phone s battery are only last 1.5 day mx 2 days. But my phone now even 12 hours

I brought back to store, the girl in shop said the same sh..t, if you talk too much on phone,and internet battery last only 5-6 hour,i said i m not happy with the unit, i want replace battery,So did.

On my second Vodafone Black smart one,wi-fi connections are failed.I can see all wifi available,enter password "Disabled,wpa2 ......" no connection

All wireless function settings are on, Rang customer service 15 times,Issue not solved,I have search on net and not fixed.Put the phone back to factory settings, NOT OK,

Then I have Disabled/Enabled Airplane mode in Wifi settings, I connect my router no problem.

Did you turn off your wifi when you went to work? And GPS too for that matter? The 12 hours between charges is right on the money if you left both them on + 3G and Data sync also enabled?
By the way,next time you accuse someone of talking ****,make sure that:
A)You can actually disprove the tips you denounce,instead of going on pointless vitriolic rants.
B)You have at least a basic understanding of what 'spell-check' is and how to use it
C)You don't try to hijack the thread with the aforementioned useless rants
Message 4 of 5 (10,434 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Dee73

Thanks for the replies,

I had gone into one of the stores to see if I could change the handset, unfortunately it was not possible and they wanted to send my phone to a technician, I have a disabled son and need to have my phone 24/7 so I was unable to send it away for 10 days, the staff member was lovely and was raging she couldn't change it, anyway a man (customer) in the shop told me to turn off google maps as that seemly eats the battery, he had said turn off anything I wasn't using, so I turned of anything I understood lol, alot I haven't a clue if it's important or not . So with all my turning off I ended up deleting all the default ringtones lol but the battery life has increased by about 4 hours.

I found that if I ring someone the battery dies right after the call or at least doesn't last much longer, so I usually text people to ring me lol they think I'm saving credit lol. I have also noticed that I am topping up with credit way more than my other phone :-( I have made about 2 calls since getting my phone and have sent very few text messages and already €10 has gone :-( only the other night I got up and €4 was gone, WHILE I WAS SLEEPING !

Can't get use to this phone at all, don't like it at all, I love the screen and how I can view emails and facebook and download stuff and that but the battery is very off putting and the mystery of the disappearing credit, also the sd card (another thread). I'll have to stick with it, my husband has warned me not to buy another phone, I had him driven demented about me buying this phone but from the replies it sounds like all these types of phone are the same. Ah sure we learn by our mistakes.

Thanks again for the replies and thanks bk109, there are a few suggestioins in your reply I will try :-)
Message 5 of 5 (10,434 Views)
Please use plain text.