Support:

Sony Ericsson

Search in Community:
Poster
Kay 9

SMS centre number

I purchased a Sony Ericsson x10 mini pro yesterday and cant send messages. I entered the centre number and it didnt work
just remained blank. Any help is much appreciated:smileyhappy:
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Re:SMS centre number

I purchased a Sony Ericsson x10 mini pro yesterday and cant send messages. I entered the centre number and it didnt work
just remained blank. Any help is much appreciated:smileyhappy:

Hi Kay 9,

Could you let me know step by step exactly what you're doing, and I can advise you where it might be going wrong.

Cheers,
Paul. B)
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 2 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Kay 9

Hi Kay 9,

Could you let me know step by step exactly what you're doing, and I can advise you where it might be going wrong.

Cheers,
Paul. B)

Thanks Paul, ok here goes:smileyhappy: I go to settings, then wireless controls, then mobile networks then sms centre <not set> type in +353876999899 and tried 00 instead of plus. Left out a 9 at the end also. Hope you can help :)
Message 3 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Thanks Paul, ok here goes:smileyhappy: I go to settings, then wireless controls, then mobile networks then sms centre <not set> type in +353876999899 and tried 00 instead of plus. Left out a 9 at the end also. Hope you can help :)

Hi Kay 9,

Ok - that sounds about right, although as you mentioned at the end, there shouldn't be the extra 9 at the end, so the number should show as:
+35387699989

I'll pm you now and see if we can get this resolved.

Cheers,
Paul.
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 4 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Kay 9

Hi Kay 9,

Ok - that sounds about right, although as you mentioned at the end, there shouldn't be the extra 9 at the end, so the number should show as:
+35387699989

I'll pm you now and see if we can get this resolved.

Cheers,
Paul.

Thanks Paul. That was the number they gave me in the shop. But someone told me to use only one 9 at the end. Thanks again:smileyhappy:
Message 5 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Kay 9

Thanks Paul. That was the number they gave me in the shop. But someone told me to use only one 9 at the end. Thanks again:smileyhappy:

Hi Paul and to anyone with the same problem. Got this problem sorted, all i needed was a new sim card. The one I had was too old for the phone apparently:smileyhappy:
Message 6 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
sparkie43

Hi Paul and to anyone with the same problem. Got this problem sorted, all i needed was a new sim card. The one I had was too old for the phone apparently:smileyhappy:

Hi guys
Hoping someone can help me.... Got a new iphone 4 yesterday with a brand new sim card but cannot send or receive texts unless they are imesages. I have checked the service centre number and it showing as +35387699989 but cant figure out if its right or if not how to change it?? any help would be great!!!

Claire
Message 7 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hiya,
The message centre number is definitely stored correctly - I've tweaked the text messaging service from here, just restart the phone and let me know if this is now fixed?

Thanks,
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 8 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
OneDirectionFan97

Hi,I was given a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 off my mams friend and it worked fine for her but now it wont let me set my SMS centre number.
I entered the number but it still says <not set> . I cannot send messages and in 'about phone' is says that my phone number is unknown.
Can anyone help me please?? :)
Message 9 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
OneDirectionFan97

Hi,Did that work? Did you have to change your number at all??

Hana :D
Message 10 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.
AnnMarie

Hi There,

Sorry for the delay in my resonse. Are you still having issues?

Let me know and I will look into this for you,

Thanks,

Ann-Marie
Message 11 of 11 (16,390 Views)
Please use plain text.