Support:

Services at Home

Search in Community:
Poster
CivilEx

Ok, so I'm thinking of signing up to the Vodafone at Home package (DSL) and when I started the process on line earlier I came across a statement:

Your phone line is broadband enabled! However signing up for a Vodafone At Home broadband package will involve support from a technician and may involve a short outage on your line

I'm currently using Broadband with another provider and I had assumed that I would be able to activate the service at home myself simply by using my existing router and changing the login details. The statement above seems to be pointing to something different?

I suppose I don't want to put myself through a process of losing my current broadband and having to wait a month to get a new connection...Can someone confirm if a technician needs to be involved (I have nothing against Technicians btw :lol: ) or is the process seamless?
CivilEx
Boards.ie
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (7,673 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Jaf from Vodafone

Re:Sign up to Vodafone at Home

Ok, so I'm thinking of signing up to the Vodafone at Home package (DSL) and when I started the process on line earlier I came across a statement:

I'm currently using Broadband with another provider and I had assumed that I would be able to activate the service at home myself simply by using my existing router and changing the login details. The statement above seems to be pointing to something different?

I suppose I don't want to put myself through a process of losing my current broadband and having to wait a month to get a new connection...Can someone confirm if a technician needs to be involved (I have nothing against Technicians btw :lol: ) or is the process seamless?

hi CivilEx,

Did you use the "Check your line" option at the following link: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/modem/homebroadband/
Can you pm me your landline number so I can double check on our system .
The process indeed is seamless, and just require the change of username and password on the modem once the broadband is active with us.
Jaf,
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 2 of 5 (7,673 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
CivilEx

hi CivilEx,

Did you use the "Check your line" option at the following link: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/modem/homebroadband/
Can you pm me your landline number so I can double check on our system .
The process indeed is seamless, and just require the change of username and password on the modem once the broadband is active with us.

Jaf, Yes I used the "Check your line" option to kick the whole thing off. I pm'd you my landline to let you check it.
CivilEx
Boards.ie
Message 3 of 5 (7,673 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
CivilEx

:D Just spotted that BT is transferring it's consumers to Vodafone.... I'm currently with BT....any new offers likely to be coming out on foot of todays announcement? I wonder as I am as well to wait and be "transferred" rather than sign up to a new Contract
CivilEx
Boards.ie
Message 4 of 5 (7,673 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Jaf from Vodafone

:D Just spotted that BT is transferring it's consumers to Vodafone.... I'm currently with BT....any new offers likely to be coming out on foot of todays announcement? I wonder as I am as well to wait and be "transferred" rather than sign up to a new Contract

We certainly would be posting any new update on this on the announcement section, it is quite an exciting news isn't it :-)
Jaf,
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 5 of 5 (7,673 Views)
Please use plain text.