Support:

Services at Home

Search in Community:
Poster
RobH

Cannot send email on Ireland.com account

Hi,

I just switched to Vodafone at home Broadband from UTV. My outgoing mail no longer works, though incoming mail and internet are fine.

I've tried:
Outlook and Thunderbird (v2)
mail.vodafone.ie, mail.iol.ie and mail.perlico.ie as outgoing servers.
Ports 25 and 587 as outgoing ports.
No security settings.

Sending mail from Thunderbird through gmail (smtp.gmail.com) does work - just ireland.com is the problem (i can't seem to send using ireland.com address through smtp.gmail.com).

I've spent a few hours on this including not very helpful phone call to Vodafone Customer support.

BTW. I am not using the modem sent by vodafone, but a netgear wifi modem - this isn't the problem, is it?

Regards
Rob
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (8,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Re:Cannot send email on Ireland.com account

Hi,

I just switched to Vodafone at home Broadband from UTV. My outgoing mail no longer works, though incoming mail and internet are fine.

I've tried:
Outlook and Thunderbird (v2)
mail.vodafone.ie, mail.iol.ie and mail.perlico.ie as outgoing servers.
Ports 25 and 587 as outgoing ports.
No security settings.

Sending mail from Thunderbird through gmail (smtp.gmail.com) does work - just ireland.com is the problem (i can't seem to send using ireland.com address through smtp.gmail.com).

I've spent a few hours on this including not very helpful phone call to Vodafone Customer support.

BTW. I am not using the modem sent by vodafone, but a netgear wifi modem - this isn't the problem, is it?

Regards
Rob

Hi Rob,
I'll send you over a PM with a couple of suggestions.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 2 of 4 (8,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
RobH

Here’s what happened when I tried to send a message to myself (using no username or security):

on mail.eircom.net:

error occurred while sending. The mail server responded: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=194.46.178.25 . Please check the message recipients and try again.

then

(Connected to mail.eircom.net)

Sending of message failed…connecting to SMTP server mail.eircom.net failed.

on mail1.eircom.net

same first message as above, but didn’t get the second message (though I probably would have got the same second message if I had waited longer...)

on webmail.eircom.net:
(Connecting to webmail.eircom.net)
didn’t get the first message, but did get the second failed message (referring to webmail.eircom.net)

regards
Rob
Message 3 of 4 (8,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

to webmail.eircom.net)
didn’t get the first message, but did get the second failed message (referring to webmail.eircom.net)

regards
Rob

Hi Rob,
In this case, we'd suggest contacting your email provider, as it appears that the mail won't send through any email server.
Let us know if they need any information and we'll help out.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 4 of 4 (8,549 Views)
Please use plain text.