Support:

Services at Home

Search in Community:
Poster
XRoshX

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hi, Recently I went into the Vodafone Grafton Street Store to buy an Apple i-Phone, in doing so I changed from a Pre-Pay to Post Pay customer. Staff in shop were very helpful & eager to SELL!
...I brought in my Eircom phone bill as proof of address, after the guy had photocopied the bill & got my autograph for the mobile contract he starts on about how Vodafone can save me money on my landline/Broadband costs.. I told him I wasnt interested as I was happy with Eircom, was happy with my internet, the package I had included free off Peak local, national & UK calls which were important to me. He advised that Vodafone could offer me the same, I told him that no I wasnt interested & once again I was happier with Eircom. He then went off for a moment & advised me that a particular package which costs EUR45.00 per month gave me my broadband/ phone line AND UNLIMITED local, national & UK calls plus calls to nominated Vodafone mobile numbers; as I have a Vodafone mobile I get free Vodafone to Vodafone calls as it is, however the UNLIMITED free Local, National & UK calls got me thinking about swapping over to Vodafone. I said to the guy that it sounded too good to be true & he went off & got a photocopy of a bill which had been laminated & said here look... Hence after his selling act I agreed to leave Eircom & go to Vodafone for my landline services.
A little over a month later I hadnt received a bill so I called the customer care line & was advised that I had been set up to receive bills online (no knowledge of this) whilst on the phone I asked the girl to check the balance of the bill that had been issued & when she did I was expecting it to be less then it was... as it turns out I do not have FREE UNLIMITED LOCAL, NATIONAL & UK calls - which was the only selling point that had got me. I asked the girl who took my call on Thursday 24th June 2010 to get a superviser to call me back as I was unhappy about this & after all Why whould I leave Eircom to go to Vodafone to have something less then I had already!!!????
No one called.
I called 3 times on Friday 25th June, ironically getting through to the same girl each time, she said no one had responded to her & promised that she would follow it up & get someone to call me.
I let Saturday & Sunday go past without calling until Monday 28th June morning I called again & got through to another girl whose attitude left a lot to be desired. I have just called back now Tues 29th june & been told that the girl tried to call me back at the time I called her!!!???? & have been told that she will call me back..... The wait continues!
I must say I feel very disappointed with the service I have received & the fact that I have been mis-sold a product. The guy in the vodafone shop that day just wanted to push the product on me & to get me to sign up, he didnt care that the information he was giving me about the product was absolute rubbish!
I will get to the bottom of this eventually - probably no one will read this, I will probably have to make another 50 calls to the customer care line before I get anywhere. Unless Vodafone uphold what I bought I will be going back to Eircom.
Just a quick note about the incompatance of the guy in the shop. my mobile package includes 2GBs mobile use, I asked him what did this equate to, he said that basically I'd never use all that in a month. I spoke to someone one day in a carphonewarehouse store & they advised me that 2GB would only give me about 5hours worth of streaming - I use the i-phone to listen to the radio quite a bit & I had said this when I was signing up for my post pay mobile ....ANOTHER example of the **** I was told by the sales guy in the shop!
After being with Vodafone even before it was Vodafone & back in the Eircell days I must say I feel most disappointed with the service I have rec'd & upset that I have spent so much of my hard earned cash with such a company who would treat me in such a way!
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (6,129 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 42
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 40

Re:BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Just a quick note about the incompatance of the guy in the shop. my mobile package includes 2GBs mobile use, I asked him what did this equate to, he said that basically I'd never use all that in a month. I spoke to someone one day in a carphonewarehouse store & they advised me that 2GB would only give me about 5hours worth of streaming.

They were both wrong.

2GB is a fair bit and the majority of customers would not even come close too, but then it is possible so i dont like thast fact that he told you that you wouldnt use it in a month when he is not aware of your usuage habits.

Saying that, streaming Radio for 5 hours would use a couple hundred MB's, sure, but 2 GB, unlikely unless its 3D HD radio your listening to.

If your streaming at 24kbps, then your usuage would be about 100MB per hour or so, allowing just over 20 hours of audio streaming.

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 2 of 6 (6,129 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hiya,
If you can email (there's a link in my signature) over your landline number, we'll see what we can do for you here.

-Edit-
Having taken a few minutes to review the packages, I can confirm that you can indeed get free local and national calls, as well as free UK calls (fair usage policy applies).

Digi is correct here.
In general, for browsing, using a few apps each day etc, you'll be unlikely to get near this cap, where this changes is using streaming products, video and radio being prime examples.
I myself don't hit the cap, and watch a couple of videos each day, moderate app use, emails etc, but other customers can and do use more.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 3 of 6 (6,129 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
XRoshX

Hi DataDaz!
Thank you for your response, I have emailed you my details on the link you sent me.
Thank you.
Message 4 of 6 (6,129 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
XRoshX

Hi Digi!
Thank you for your post.
Its a shame Vodafone do not make these things black & white so that they are clear. I am far from an internet dummy but at the same time am not an internet whizz.... Unfortunate to think of the amount of people who get stung by large bills due to being mis-informed!
Thanks again, best wishes!
Message 5 of 6 (6,129 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

it would be nice if vodafone were able to make it black and white but its nearly impossible. Take something simple like a song.
1 mp3 song normally people would say thats approx 4mb. However if its saved at a lower quality the size goes down. if its a video of said saong its a lot higher. then you have the rates of compression the phones use is different. so me and you downloading the same song may transfer different amounts of data. Im not sure but the compression might also be affected by the site you use.
As Digi said if you are streaming you can vary hugely in data rates andwhere from 10 up to i have seen my mate use a 500kbps service on his home computer. So while the guy shold not have said you wouldn't use it most people wont and he should have asked if you plan on using streaming
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 6 of 6 (6,129 Views)
Please use plain text.