Support:

Services at Home

Search in Community:
Poster
BlackBear

Accessing Eircom Webmail on Vodafone Broadband

Can anyone help - I've just switched over to Vodafone broadband from Eircom. When I try to log on to Eircom webmail I can't get in. The Eircom help page has the following "Important Message".

You appear to be connected to the internet using a non-Irish Internet Service Provider (ISP), or an unrecognised network.

As a security precaution and to protect against our systems being abused by spam e-mail senders, eircom net has restricted the ability to register connection, e-mail and webspace accounts and the use of the Password Changer utility to users who are connected via an Irish ISP. If possible, please try connecting using an eircom net connection.

Obviously I can't connect using an Eircom connection as I've ditched them and the support numbers provided only provide support for Eircom customers using an Eircom connection.

Can anyone help, I really need to access my e-mails.

Thanks
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (5,869 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

Re:Accessing Eircom Webmail on Vodafone Broadband

hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have switched off an internet provider be that moving from bt to eircom or eircom to vodafone or any other provider they will stop providing email addresses to you. there is no hard time frame when they remove your service but the clock starts ticking down once you change
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 2 of 4 (5,869 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Sean99

hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have switched off an internet provider be that moving from bt to eircom or eircom to vodafone or any other provider they will stop providing email addresses to you. there is no hard time frame when they remove your service but the clock starts ticking down once you change

That’s funny still works for me I’m with Vodafone for a year now, never heard of email addresses being withdrawn by old provider. Where did you get your information from?
Message 3 of 4 (5,869 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

personal experience and word of mouth.
used to have iol dial up back in the bay from esat bt and as soon as i canceled it the email was cut.
Sister had eircom and switched to vodafone and it was cut 2 months afterwards.
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 4 of 4 (5,869 Views)
Please use plain text.