Support:

Packages & Plans

Search in Community:
Poster

Router configuration

have to say getting pretty fed up vodafone broadband products

at least once a surfing session, ie once per day broadband is working fine then i go to connect to a site and a dialog box comes up asking for the username and password for the router - it's not a virus, not malware etc before that is asked, happens on a number of pcs.

it may stop working for anything up to 10 minutes or more.

Plus with my iphone 3gs from vodafone it won't accept the password for the vodafone at home.

honestly in all the years of using wireless broadband i've never had so many problems.

Would a rep from vodafone tell me what's going on - it's not acceptable that this happens, and please i don't want to hear a "it's only once a day" or "it's only for a few minutes" tell me why the network does this

thanks

richard
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re:Router configuration

have to say getting pretty fed up vodafone broadband products

at least once a surfing session, ie once per day broadband is working fine then i go to connect to a site and a dialog box comes up asking for the username and password for the router - it's not a virus, not malware etc before that is asked, happens on a number of pcs.

it may stop working for anything up to 10 minutes or more.

Plus with my iphone 3gs from vodafone it won't accept the password for the vodafone at home.

honestly in all the years of using wireless broadband i've never had so many problems.

Would a rep from vodafone tell me what's going on - it's not acceptable that this happens, and please i don't want to hear a "it's only once a day" or "it's only for a few minutes" tell me why the network does this

thanks

richard

Hi

Could you send me over your landline via Pm please?

Also can you clarify what you mean when you say the 3Gs wont accept the password? Are you referring to the wireless key?
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 2 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Poster

hi there thanks for the reply

i hope that my pm went thru it came up with an undefined error

let me know

thanks

richard
Message 3 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Poster

hum over 5 days and no reply to my pm, that's not a great service guys
Message 4 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Topics: 22
Kudos: 414
Solutions: 305

hum over 5 days and no reply to my pm, that's not a great service guys

Hiya,
The drop is caused by the IP address lease renewal.
Every 24 hours, the server checks whether your connection is still in use, and assigns a new IP address if it is (if it's not in use, you'll get a new IP address as soon as the PC requests a connection).
Regulation of IP address assignment has become tighter in recent years, so we do this to manage our IP address pool effectively.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 5 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Poster

Hi I just got the same problem as Richard there.
My Broadband keeps disconnecting everyday for about 5-10 mins.This is very annoying can anyone help me to solve the problem>??<
Thanks.
Message 6 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Topics: 1
Kudos: 52
Solutions: 24

Hi I just got the same problem as Richard there.
My Broadband keeps disconnecting everyday for about 5-10 mins.This is very annoying can anyone help me to solve the problem>??<
Thanks.

Hi Perez,

As Daz points out above, every 24 hours, the server checks whether your connection is still in use, and assigns a new IP address if it is (if it's not in use, you'll get a new IP address as soon as the PC requests a connection).

This will happen at the same period every 24 hours.
You can renew your IP address yourself at a time that suits you, and following this it will be renewed at that time everyday.

To do this, say you'd prefer it to disconnect at 11PM at night, simply plug out the router for 5 minutes at 11PM and then plug back in.
The router will be assigned a new IP address, and this will reoccur at 11PM every night onwards.

Paul.
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
Message 7 of 8 (14,253 Views)
Poster

Thank You Very Much Paul.
Message 8 of 8 (14,253 Views)