Support:

Packages & Plans

Search in Community:
Poster

Phone Line down - Nothing from Vodafone

Folks,

We have been without a working landline now since the 31st May. This has been reported to Vodafone (Paul) and he in turn logged a call with Eircom. Since then there has been no update on this. Ive been chasing this every day and we are still without the landline.
The strange thing is that we can use Sky + and it picks up a working phone line, and the broadband is working. I swapped out the phone itself to see if that was the issue, but thats still the same.
This really is getting beyond a joke at this stage and Im sick of chasing it. Im contacting ComReg about it today as Ive had enough. I was told it would take 5 working days but that wasnt true either.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Re:Phone Line down - Nothing from Vodafone

Quick update - Eircom have told Vodafone that there is a fault and they were supposed to contact me. They havent and the line is still down. But the fact the the Sky + is picking up the phone line and the broadband is working is bizarre.

On a side note I had a phone call from Paul to touch base and let me know he is chasing it. Every time I have had an issue with mobiles, landline or broadband, Paul has been on top of things getting them resolved. So even though its not sorted I wanted to say thanks for touching base Paul and Im glad that my venting and ranting here isnt taken personally. I dont think people like this, who go out of their way to help, get the credit they deserve.

G
Message 2 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you had heard anything from Eircom on this? Ive heard nothing from them at all. This is the 3rd week now since the landline went down, and we're still out.
Message 3 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Topics: 1
Kudos: 52
Solutions: 24

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you had heard anything from Eircom on this? Ive heard nothing from them at all. This is the 3rd week now since the landline went down, and we're still out.

Hi G,

Will follow this morning and see where this is at, will be in touch shortly.

Paul
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
Message 4 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Hi G,

Will follow this morning and see where this is at, will be in touch shortly.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Let me know as soon as you can and hopefully Ill be able to get this landline thing sorted today.

Cheers,
G
Message 5 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Hi Paul,

Anything on this since? I feel if I dont get this sorted asap I could be looking at divorce proceedings!
Message 6 of 50 (32,388 Views)

Hi G,

Those 2 missed calls were to arrange an appointment for access to replace faulty equipment, I've asked the contact you again on your mobile as a matter of urgency.

If for any reason you're unable to take the calls let me know & I'll rearrange.

Paul.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
Message 7 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Hi Paul,

Latest update. Got a call from Colette to say the earliest they can call is on Wednesday between 12.30 and 4.30 so I have to have somebody stay here until they arrive. That means the house phone has been down 2 weeks and 3 days before they even come on site to look at what the issue is.
So those 2 missed calls were to arrange an appointment. Then why not leave a message and I couldve called them back straight away to arrange it besides leaving it until 4.30 today to call me? Im sorry but this really is a bloody joke. Im actually not going to post on this again as Ive had enough of it. If they come, they come. I just give up. Please close this thread and Ill request the one on boards be closed also. Bloody pathetic
Message 8 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

I really cant believe Im posting about this again.

So the engineer came on site today and mumbled something to my wife and brother in law about a lightning strike. He left after about 20 mins and came back again. He claims he now has a dial tone into the music room, where the line terminates to, but that "the electrician must have it wired wrong to the other ports in the house". Now he's gone and is going to get the "line man" to call to the house either tomorrow or Friday. Didnt seem to click with him that the broadband is working and the Sky + is also working in the other port and picking up a phone signal.

What a bloody pathetic service. Looks like we could be hitting 3 weeks without a phone line. Pure bull**** if you ask me.
Message 9 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Paul,

Here is the latest update. We had an engineer from Eircom call to the house this morning. He said the issue is with the Vodafone modem. If we unplug the modem, the phone line works. If we plug it back in, the line give an engaged tone. Because the issue is with the VF modem he is charging us €100 to fix and has told us to claim this from Vodafone.

Can you tell me what we are supposed to do now? We have no phone if we want broadband and no broadband if we want the phone. What a joke. This has been going on now for weeks and I would like it resolved before the end of the week.
Message 10 of 50 (32,388 Views)

Paul,

Here is the latest update. We had an engineer from Eircom call to the house this morning. He said the issue is with the Vodafone modem. If we unplug the modem, the phone line works. If we plug it back in, the line give an engaged tone. Because the issue is with the VF modem he is charging us €100 to fix and has told us to claim this from Vodafone.

Can you tell me what we are supposed to do now? We have no phone if we want broadband and no broadband if we want the phone. What a joke. This has been going on now for weeks and I would like it resolved before the end of the week.

Hi Gordon,

I'll get this sorted today, and will make sure there's no charge to you.
I'll also follow up with the engineer, as there seems to be conflicting information.

I'll be in contact today.

Paul,
Message 11 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Any update Paul?
Im just home and if you plug in the modem the phone line becomes engaged.
Message 12 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Very interesting. Just had an Eircom sales rep call to the house last night and go through their call charges and the speeds they can offer. Was guaranteed between 5 and 6 MB broadband. At the minute Im getting 3MB and paying for 7MB!

Also Ive lost track of how long its been since we had the phone and broadband work. We have to disconnect the phone to use the broadband and vice versa. Still no sign of the modem from Paul either. Its a joke to be honest and Im seriously thinking of forking out the extra few euro per month to have something that at least works. The sales guy is calling back on Thursday evening. If Vodafone dont get the finger out and sort it by then, Ill be switching back to Eircom.
Message 13 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Topics: 44
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 40

Very interesting. Just had an Eircom sales rep call to the house last night and go through their call charges and the speeds they can offer. Was guaranteed between 5 and 6 MB broadband. At the minute Im getting 3MB and paying for 7MB!

I would ask the sales rep to put that guarantee into writing mate.
I fail to see how a sales rep with no idea as to your line stats could make such a guarantee.

If they can at least match your speed and ensure the line and modem work at the same time then that might be reason enough to move though.
Still, id give the mods here a chance to put things right first.

Best of luck regardless

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 14 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

I would ask the sales rep to put that guarantee into writing mate.
I fail to see how a sales rep with no idea as to your line stats could make such a guarantee.

If they can at least match your speed and ensure the line and modem work at the same time then that might be reason enough to move though.
Still, id give the mods here a chance to put things right first.

Best of luck regardless

I asked him to put it in writing! He squirmed a little before saying that we should be getting at least 5MB. At the minute we're floating between 1.5 and 4MB. Mostly staying at the 2.5MB.
Ive given the mods plenty of time to resolve this. We've been without a working phone/broadband setup for over 3 weeks now. Im still waiting on the replacement modem and I think a deadline of tomorrow evening is very reasonable considering the **** we've gone through. And are still going through.
Message 15 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Darren, Paul,

Can one of you please confirm when the replacement modem was sent out? It was supposed to be sent last week but Darren posted that it was only posted yesterday. Which is it please? Im getting fed up with this now. What the **** am I paying for? Ive been without a working service for the last 3 weeks, almost 4. I have to keep unplugging the modem to get the phone line working. The eircom rep is due at the house this evening and to tell you the truth Im seriously thinking of dumping this crappy Vodafone service and going back to one that works. No point offering a cheaper service when you cant even sort customers out in a reasonable time frame.
And Paul I sent you a PM yesterday on Boards that you didnt even respond to. I dont even expect a response to this. Its a really pathetic service lads.
Message 16 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Topics: 23
Kudos: 441
Solutions: 329

Darren, Paul,

Can one of you please confirm when the replacement modem was sent out? It was supposed to be sent last week but Darren posted that it was only posted yesterday. Which is it please? Im getting fed up with this now. What the **** am I paying for? Ive been without a working service for the last 3 weeks, almost 4. I have to keep unplugging the modem to get the phone line working. The eircom rep is due at the house this evening and to tell you the truth Im seriously thinking of dumping this crappy Vodafone service and going back to one that works. No point offering a cheaper service when you cant even sort customers out in a reasonable time frame.
And Paul I sent you a PM yesterday on Boards that you didnt even respond to. I dont even expect a response to this. Its a really pathetic service lads.

Hi there,
The router was sent yesterday directly from our office here rather than the warehouse (we had one spare, we don't usually have them).
There was a delay with the original order for the router, so rather than keep you waiting we sent from here.
Once you're home, could you test the router and let us know the outcome?
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 17 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Hi there,
The router was sent yesterday directly from our office here rather than the warehouse (we had one spare, we don't usually have them).
There was a delay with the original order for the router, so rather than keep you waiting we sent from here.
Once you're home, could you test the router and let us know the outcome?

Darren, router arrived but I need a username and password. Vodafone doesnt seem to work.
Also when I powered it up the phone line stayed active. Im back on the old one now and the phone line has gone engaged. Ill know more once I can get it set up.
Message 18 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Topics: 23
Kudos: 441
Solutions: 329

Darren, router arrived but I need a username and password. Vodafone doesnt seem to work.
Also when I powered it up the phone line stayed active. Im back on the old one now and the phone line has gone engaged. Ill know more once I can get it set up.

Hiya,
Could you try a full reset on the router?
There should be a button on the back that prompts the reset.
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 19 of 50 (32,388 Views)
Poster

Hiya,
Could you try a full reset on the router?
There should be a button on the back that prompts the reset.

Ok Results below:

New Modem - Reset carried out. Able to connect to Internet wirelessly
Phone line working while connected to the internet
Sky plugged into VF router - Internet and phone working

Looks like it was something with the VF modem/router
Message 20 of 50 (32,388 Views)