Our Forum

Search in Community:
Topics: 39
Kudos: 571
Solutions: 485

eForum new features & rankings

[ Edited ]

Hello!

As well as the being able to post on the forum, we've introduced a new ranking system which lets you unlock a host of cool new features by moving up through the ranks.
This thread details those features, as well as some general ones like how to use the search function.

If you've just earned a new rank and unlocked a feature, congratulations! Our community likes to applaud helpful contribution, so you may wish to send a private message and let me know. We love it when someone hits a new rank and like to make some noise about it!

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (14,050 Views)

Search

What is it? 

The ability to search existing content on the forum to find the discussion you're looking for.

When is it available?

Search is available for everyone whether you're registered or not.

How do I use it? 

Just enter your search query into the box at the top of the main menu, or in any individual board or category. There's a dropdown at the side of the text box which allows you to choose where you're searching, either in the individual board you're in or across the whole forum.

We tag all handset posts with the manufacturer, model and scenario, so keep your searches simple but include these items, eg. "Samsung Galaxy MMS". 

As you enter your search query, a list of suggestions will appear below the text box- you can jump to a result straight from there or view the full results page and navigate through.

You can also use the dropdown to search for a specific user on the forum, if you wanted to find a certain post of theirs or send them a message.

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 4 (13,076 Views)

Subscripti​ons

[ Edited ]

What is it?

An email alert function which lets you know when a topic that's of interest to you is updated on the forum. Our Moderators also use subscriptions for any matters where we promise to come back with an update, eg. when we're waiting for a new firmware relase or an update on an any outstanding query. So it's handy if you're following a topic and want an alert to let you know there's an update.

When is it available?

It's available to anybody who's registered from the first day you join.

How do I use it?

When submitting a new post, you can check the box on the right hand side of the screen to subscribe yourself to the topic there and then.

Alternatively if there's a thread already on the forum you'd like to subscribe to, just go into it, click the Topic Options menu and then choose subscribe from the list.

To manage the way you're alerted to any subscriptions you've requested, from the main menu, click My eForum Settings on the right hand side and then choose the Subscriptions and Bookmarks tab. You can change settings like how often you're notified and what the notifications contain. You can even set it up so that you automatically subscribe to all of your own topics so you'll know when they're updated.

Message 3 of 4 (13,075 Views)
Highlighted

Rankings

[ Edited ]

What is it? 

Rankings are a way to get recognition for being part of the community - features such as custom avatars, signatures, videos and other things become available as you rank up.

When is it available?

Each rank becomes available when you meet the criteria - which can vary... we're keeping the exact way to rank up secret, but we can say that the more helpful you are, the more stuff you'll get (Hint: kudos and solutions are your friends Smiley Wink).

How do I use it?

Ranks are a passive feature, to qualify for each rank and get the relevant goodies, you just need to post, help people and participate - the more you do, the more you'll get...

Message 4 of 4 (13,060 Views)