Support:

Our Forum

Search in Community:
Topics: 38
Kudos: 570
Solutions: 482

Forum feedback - got ideas? Post 'em here.

Hi folks,
If you have ideas for new forum features, or questions on how the existing ones work, just pop up a post here and we'll do our best to answer.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 93 (13,532 Views)
Poster

Webtext Security.

Webtext is great, but I find the new letter identification security system a nuisance.

Message 2 of 93 (12,431 Views)
Frequent Poster

Re: Webtext Security.

A longer cookie duration would be awesome especially when browsing on the phone as it can be annoying to have to enter your phone number and password every time you want to reply to a post.
Message 3 of 93 (12,303 Views)
Topics: 1
Kudos: 52
Solutions: 24

The Cookie should stay current until you close the browser session.

Are you being logged out after a duration on your browser? And is it just mobile?

Willie Croke wrote:
A longer cookie duration would be awesome especially when browsing on the phone as it can be annoying to have to enter your phone number and password every time you want to reply to a post.

Vodafone Community Manager
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
Message 4 of 93 (12,296 Views)
Frequent Poster

Posted from Nokia Lumia 800
It probably does stay until I close the browser, bit my surfing habits here are mainly something like this...

Receive email about a reply, click link, go to reply, have to log in, reply, close browser.

It would be far handier if the cookie persisted for 24 hours at least imo.

Most of my replies are through the phone which makes password entry a little slower.
Message 5 of 93 (12,294 Views)
Poster

Re: Forum feedback - got ideas? Post 'em here.

Hi There,

I am a new customer who registered yesterday and put 20e in my account (by clicking the ad - 'topup by 20e - get free calls/texts/internet' on teh vodafone website), but today I am still being charged for calls/texts. Can you please update this for me?

Also, I am trying to understand the roaming costs - but the link to the standard roaming costs is not populated 'http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/roaming/world/'. Can you please advise on stnadard roaming costs?

Thanks,

Eamonn 

Message 6 of 93 (12,210 Views)
Topics: 109
Kudos: 568
Solutions: 94

Posted from Apple iPad
H Eamonn,

You need to opt in 1st to the deal before you top up, and for roaming it's €2 per day for 50mb in selected European countries.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/roaming/
The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
Message 7 of 93 (12,208 Views)
Poster

Thanks EvilJebus,

Bit miffed, as this was not made clear when registering online - it seemed if I followed the instructiosn it would work. 

In relation tot eh second question, I was actually looking for call costs - I have heard recently that there was EU legislitations putting a cap on cal costs in the EU and wanted to compare that to the Passport service.

For Spain/Portugal the cost to recieve a call is 79c with passport and 10c/min without.

It is interesting t compare the romaing costs advertised against the new EU limits coming into effect later this year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Commission_roaming_regulations#Common_limits (e.g. incoming calls maximum while roaming should be 8c right now, but it seems the PASSPORT roaming opt-in option is a way to get around this.

Message 8 of 93 (12,197 Views)
Poster

web text is good and i like it
Message 9 of 93 (12,124 Views)

Hi Rethu,

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to hear.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 10 of 93 (12,126 Views)
Poster

Here's an idea; get the act together.

Wanting to post to the forum, one of the first things I come to is a form requiring, amongst other things, a date of birth.    A note beside that especially requires a format:   month / day / year.    Fair enough but I think it might be quicker to resort to a calender thingy that a user clicks in order to type a date into the form.

Guess what.   The calender thingy, provided by the page itself, produces the format:  day / month / year.

From the very start they fail to conceal the fact that the left hand knows not what the right hand does.

Message 11 of 93 (11,951 Views)
Topics: 44
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 40

Consumer wrote:

Here's an idea; get the act together.

Wanting to post to the forum, one of the first things I come to is a form requiring, amongst other things, a date of birth.    A note beside that especially requires a format:   month / day / year.    Fair enough but I think it might be quicker to resort to a calender thingy that a user clicks in order to type a date into the form.

Guess what.   The calender thingy, provided by the page itself, produces the format:  day / month / year.

From the very start they fail to conceal the fact that the left hand knows not what the right hand does.

And yet you still managed to figure it out all by yourself! Good Job!

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 12 of 93 (11,936 Views)

Heya,

Thanks for pointing this out - we'll see if we can get it fixed in the next update.

Thanks,

Message 13 of 93 (11,928 Views)
Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

haha Digi

Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 14 of 93 (11,932 Views)
Poster

[ Edited ]

I have an idea stolen from your collegues in vodafone australia. The staff there have a blog that is updated weekly with the latest news, competitions, tips and software updates.

This forum is full of multiple posts asking the same questions and also posts that get hijacked by another topic. It makes trying to find an answer in the forums a long and frustrating task and encourages people to post questions without searching for the topic beforehand.

I include a link to the weekly software update post from Vodafone AU which efficiently shows the new software versions that are in testing.

Phil

blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/software-update-weekly-wrap-30052013/

Message 15 of 93 (11,320 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,010
Solutions: 153

I edited your post to create the link. I will say that after helping out on a few forums in general people do not use search no matter what you do to encourage it.

There is actually a sticky in the handsets and devices thread entitled firmware where updates would be posted:
https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Handsets-amp-Devices-General/Firmware-Updates/td-p/82530

The Australia site is a good idea though as the table is nice and clear. I think having the firmware updates as stickies in each devices/OS section might be the best as if you've a device, say a blackberry, it's probably where you're going to go first with an issue or an OS update query
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S7 Edge owner. I dont work for Vodafone
Message 16 of 93 (11,320 Views)
Topics: 44
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 40

Posted from Google Nexus 4
I am in agreement with both of you. The system here is working....but could certainly be indexed much clearer. A lot of dupe threads everywhere that could be merged and threads in sections that could be moved!

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 17 of 93 (11,312 Views)
Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

Agreed dark_horse Smiley Happy

Sadiq Redmond,

Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 18 of 93 (11,317 Views)

Yep, you're right, and it's a project that I'm setting aside time for (once I have some time)....

Message 19 of 93 (11,249 Views)
Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

Daz there should be a unlocking section too so people who have problems can post it there rather in place like Samsung or Blackberry "Trying to unlock my samsung" and it's been posted in Blackberry section - This might make it easier for them Smiley Happy - and we can also forward them off to the right direction and where to request the unlock code for the phone  , also a Roaming and Coverage Section too + a Voicemail section 

Sadiq Redmond,

Message 20 of 93 (11,039 Views)