Support:

Our Forum

Search in Community:
Topics: 44
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 40

Re: Forum feedback - got ideas? Post 'em here.

Sadiq Redmond wrote:

Daz there should be a unlocking section too

Agreed - or more of a "General Support" section with subsections such as NAC requests, Sim activation etc 

Currently, all areas of the forum are flooded with NAC requests 

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 21 of 100 (11,707 Views)
Valued Poster

Daz also I've been thinking you should let 1 post per user in one section - that may also reduce dupe posting... as one user kindly showed and made 36and counting in one section :/

- Sadiq
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 22 of 100 (11,686 Views)
Topics: 5
Kudos: 73
Solutions: 7

Posted from Apple iPad
If you allow one post per user then how are they going to reply if the help the receive didn't work, do they just start a new thread??

Saying that one post per thread might be a good idea, it will make you post everything in one thread and not make a new msg after every full stop to get your post count up.

Message 23 of 100 (11,683 Views)
Valued Poster

They will be allowed to post in the same thread they made all they want but not making new threads in the same section. And K.
Sadiq Redmond,

Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 24 of 100 (11,680 Views)

Posted from Apple iPad
It would be handy if us CE's can delete threads/post to help stop the spamming of the forum like that user today
Message 25 of 100 (11,677 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,013
Solutions: 163

good idea yeroulfella
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 26 of 100 (11,674 Views)

Posted from Apple iPad
It wouldn't work if they have a another problem a while down the line that's different to the original.

Not trying to put your idea down but you can't stop people posting on a forum, if they can't post their problems they only get madder at Vodafone. Best we can do it moderate the forum and delete posts/threads and possibly ban users who go too far.
Message 27 of 100 (11,674 Views)
Valued Poster

I suppose so YOF Smiley Happy
Sadiq Redmond,

Message 28 of 100 (11,669 Views)

I wouldnt really go as far as to enable us with the ability to delete threads now that i think about it....but to merge/lock/move where needed would be a move forward i think. As long as every thread locked is in the correct section of the forum, and contains a link to the dupe where the answer would end up then you would be set.

As far as banning - i cant say for sure, but i believe 2 people were temperally banned from the forums in its entire history and in fairness they were only here to cause trouble. As banning is an extream step and not one the admins take likely, i would think it best to leave banning in the hands of an admin.

Just my thoughts

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Message 29 of 100 (11,646 Views)
Valued Poster

There could be also a option of signing in with Facebook or Twitter as it could be convenient in a way for some users who are not signed up with Vodafone and have a query

- Sadiq
Sadiq Redmond,

Message 30 of 100 (11,471 Views)

Posted from Apple iPad
That would mean non Vodafone members could join the forum which may slow down help given to Vodafone customers as it would be hard to know which are the customers and ones that aren't.
Message 31 of 100 (11,480 Views)
Topics: 39
Kudos: 571
Solutions: 485

Sneakily, they already can - the signup options now include an email only option, for folks who aren't yet customers (looking for info on porting, upcoming deals etc).

Troublemakers will of course be met by the trusty banhammer.

We're looking into signup options for Facebook and Twitter also, the platform we use does have functionality to support this.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 32 of 100 (11,471 Views)
Valued Poster

There we go you make trouble = the banhammer , just on that note how would it slow down help? Vodafone UK already put this option into place... and Daz a review section would be good too Smiley Happy
Sadiq Redmond,

Message 33 of 100 (11,470 Views)
Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

Think we should try and change the Vodafone Ranking System like the names? I've got a few suggestions Smiley Happy

Sadiq Redmond,

Message 34 of 100 (10,875 Views)
Topics: 39
Kudos: 571
Solutions: 485

Go on then.... let's hear 'em....

Ta!

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 35 of 100 (10,805 Views)
Topics: 111
Kudos: 573
Solutions: 95

Sadiq I'm not changing my name....

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
Message 36 of 100 (10,800 Views)
Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

Cadet

Admiral 

Vodafone-Elite

Colonel

Lieutenant

Genius Of All Geniuses  

Smiley Very Happy 

Sadiq Redmond,

Message 37 of 100 (10,641 Views)
Regular

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem on the board. I'm having it on 2 separate computers through Chrome. The cookies notification can't be closed in the communities window. It can be "x'd" away on the vodafone homescreen though.

Paul

Message 38 of 100 (10,325 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,013
Solutions: 163

Happening to me on my windows 8.1 device with google chrome. The website in general is looking tatty at present with the changes that have been made
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 39 of 100 (10,322 Views)

Happening on My Windows 8.1 with Chrome and my Windows 7 with Explorer

Message 40 of 100 (10,319 Views)