Our Forum

Search in Community:
Topics: 38
Kudos: 567
Solutions: 482

A guide to using our eForum

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the new eForum! Whether you were already registered with us on the old site or you've joined since we've moved, here's a short guide as to using the forum, as well as some of the actions you might see the moderation team carrying out on the site.

Where do I go to post a message?
Just click here - a selection of headings are available, simply click on the one that you feel would be most relevant to your query. For example, if you'd like information on configuring your new router, Vodafone at Home - Technical Support would be the appropriate section to post in.
It's also a good idea to check out our FAQs, as many common queries are addressed there.

How do I post a message?

Simply click on the 'new message' icon in the top left of the section that best matches your question.
NEWMESSAGE.png

In order to post, you must first register and choose a username (please avoid using your mobile number, as the username is visible to all visitors).

What should I include in my post?

A general description of the query - if specific details are needed (such as your mobile or account number), you'll be asked to send these by private message. Remember, this forum is public, so any personal details you post are visible to anyone reading.

How will I know if a moderator has responded?
If you'd like to be notified of new messages on your thread, click the 'options' button at the top right of your post, then select 'subscribe'. You'll then be sent an email when a new reply is posted.
subscribe.png

I've been asked to send a PM (Private Message), how do I do this?
At the bottom of the moderators post, there is a box containing directions about sending messages - click the 'private message' link to open a new window, allowing you to supply the details requested.
privatemessage.png
As there are several moderators, please post first, and await a response - this will ensure your message is not sent to a staff member who is unavailable.
Unless the moderators response contains details that need to be kept private, they will reply on your public thread (thus, if you have not yet posted, the moderator will not be able to respond). If the moderator replies by PM, you will recieve an email notification of this.

How do I check my private messages?
Just click here, then on the 'Private Messages' link at the top right of the page.

Forum Structure

Those of you who used the old version of the eForum will notice that the new site has fewer sections than the old board. The reason we've taken this approach is to make the site easier to use- having over 40 forum sections meant that queries were spread out. With our new forum software, we have a very powerful search engine which quickly guides you to the information you need, or if the information isn't there you can go ahead and ask your question in the relevant board. 

When posting, don't worry too much about your topic being in the right place. If we think it's better suited anywhere else, we'll move the topic.

Query Types

The eForum is geared towards technical assistance as well as product and service support. This is the ideal place to discuss any aspect of your service with Vodafone that doesn't involve private or account specific information. We'll do our very best to answer any account related queries but at times may need to refer you to the helpdesk depending on the query. In these instances we'll work with you to organise a convenient callback time.

As per our terms and conditions, we may take account specific topics off the forum and contact you directly via email/Private Message to resolve your question securely. In instances like this we'll use the email address you registered when joining the forum to contact you.

Off Topic Area

A great addition to the new forum is our Chillout Zone. This is the new home of Vodafone VIP experiences within the forum, but we're also hoping this becomes a place to take some time out and talk about things which don't relate directly to Vodafone. You can talk about anything you like here, but please be mindful of the Terms and Conditions as you would on any other part of the site.

Thread Titles 

Occasionally we may change or amend your topic titles to improve how easy they are to search for other forum users. 

For example, we might change a title like "not sure how to use upgrade software" to "iPhone 4 - how do you upgrade to iOS6?" to give the topic a little more relevance and improve how the question might pick up in an internet search engine, such as Google. This way we're confident it will give you a better experience when finding the answers you need within the eForum.
Also, if you'd like to help out both the eForum team and your fellow customers on this then you could also use a similar style when posting your questions in the 'Topic Title' box - some examples of this could be "Vodafone Passport - What are the charges in the UK","Samsung Galaxy - setting up my vodafone.ie email account" and so on.

Problems logging in 

If you have any problems logging into the eForum, please email us at vodafone.community.ireland@vodafone.com (we're not able to offer customer care through this email address though - so please post in the relevant area if you have a query)

If you'd like any additional information about the site, see the New eForum Features thread.

Best Wishes,

Daz

Community Manager

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 1 (705,159 Views)