Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other Devices

sim card registration failed

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
my phone has been working fine until today when i went to use it and there was a message saying sim card registration failed any ideas what could be wrong with it?
View more options
23 REPLIES
Valued Poster
You need a new sim card.
The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
View more options
Community Expert

You need a new sim card.

Ahahaha -pretty much sums it up

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster
Hi there, I powered up a spare mobile that I have not used for a while (about 6 months or so). It says the SIM card registration failed.
Is there anyway to get this sorted without buying a new sim?
Many thanks.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

I may be able to reactivate the SIM card if it's not been out of commision for too long - just private message over the below details and I'll see what can be done?

Mobile number;

Address:

Date of birth;

SIM card number:

A link to this thread:

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi, I also have the same problem - powered up a spare mobile that I have not used for a while (about 6 months or so). It says the SIM card registration failed. Can you try to activate it for me also please if I pm the details ?
View more options
Valued Poster
Hi there John,

Yes, Just private message Daz the information he said in his post :-)

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

That's active for you now - you'd just need to topup within 14 days to keep the number running.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thanks Daz, I had €23 credit on the sim before it was deactivated - any chance that you can restore that ?

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Certainly, that's back on now.

Thanks,

View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks for that Daz

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem, just drop us a line if there's anything else you need.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi...my son put a sim card in his phone and it reported "sim card registration failed".

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

View more options
Community Expert
How old is the sim card?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
As Cookie says, is the SIM quite old?

Also, when was it last topped up, and is the phone locked to another network?

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi, I just come back from aborad and got message "sim card registration failed" Any chance to help me ?

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

SIM card number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

View more options
Not applicable
My girl phone is also the same how van I fixed that was working perfect last night and now say SIM card registration fail
View more options
Community Expert
Your girlfriend would need to contact Vodafone. Due to data protection issues they cannot speak and advise a third party.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Thanks for the above advice, Cookie. 

Can you please ask the account holder to get in touch with us, so we can investigate the issue?

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up