Close announcement

Other Devices

sim card registration failed although it is activated

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi, I got the following error message:sim card registration failed. I have tried this sim card with 2 other phones:same error message. I called customer care service, they stated the sim card was already activated. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?

View more options
35 REPLIES
Valued Poster
Hi there,

You could try going in-store and getting a new one or wait until tomorrow a moderator will be online

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Poster

I'll wait until a moderator is available. Thanks

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

SIM number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to this thread:

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Spoiler

Hi Daz,

PM sent.

Thanks

View more options
Poster

Problem solved.

Thank you!

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Splendid, just drop us a line if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster

Hello Daz

My Dad has a Nokia with a Vodafone SIM card. He is a pay as you go customer but only uses his phone to receive texts so I don't think the phone has been topped up in long time. Yesterday he turned the phone on and it just says "SIM card registration Failed" -- No Service.

The phone can't receive calls or texts now so I can't register that number on this Vodfone Customer Support forum. Can you let me know if you can switch the SIM card back on with Vodafone and I'll top up then? I can PM you whatever details you need. 

Thanks.

Edit (4-Sept-2013):

I have now PM'd these details to Community - Manager Daz...

Mobile number:
SIM number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to this thread:

View more options
Frequent Poster

I called Customer Support on the 1850 number and they sorted it out for me. I wonder is anyone from Vodafone keeping an eye on this forum today?

View more options
Valued Poster
Hi there plica08,

Forum hour times are normally 10 - 6pm but good to hear you got it sorted Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Frequent Poster

"Forum hour times are normally 10 - 6pm" .... I am not letting that go by without a response.

If you look at the timestamps on my posts in this forum you will see I was asking about this during forum hour times today. Add in the email I sent Vodafone Support last night and the PM I sent this morning to the Community-Manager here. Let's just say I was not impressed with the total lack of prompt or indeed any assistance I received.

But thank you for being glad to hear I got it sorted out.

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager
Sorry, my fault - I was on a half day today, was only online from 10-2
I did clear anything in my inbox (that had a thread link) during those times though, looks like you just missed me.

Thanks,
View more options
Valued Poster
No Problem plica :-)
Sadiq Redmond,

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks guys 

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi,

I have just received the same message yesterday. Would appreciate a solution.

Thanks

Kevin_Mac
View more options
Poster
Edit (14-Jan-2014):

I have now PM'd these details to Community - Manager Daz...

Mobile number:
SIM number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to this thread:
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
If you restart the phone now, it should be working - you just need to top up within 14 days to keep the number active.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Great Daz. Many thanks for this.

View more options
Poster

i have the same problem i found an old sim card i want to use think it hasnt been used in a year is it too late?

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can certainly try to reactivate it, just pop over the same details and we'll check?

Thanks,

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up