Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Other Devices

Voicemail not working

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Moderator (Retired)

Voicemail is still not activated

Hi ddgolf,

I've escalated this to the porting team and underlined it as a priority,
I hope to hear back from them shortly and will get straight back to you.

Paul,
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi ddgolf,

I've escalated this to the porting team and underlined it as a priority,
I hope to hear back from them shortly and will get straight back to you.

Paul,

Paul,

Is there any chance you can check what is happening with this please. Still no voicemail since the 29th April.

Thanks

Dave
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Paul,

Is there any chance you can check what is happening with this please. Still no voicemail since the 29th April.

Thanks

Dave

Hiya,
Could you power off and back on after 5pm and let us know if the issue is till there?

Thanks!
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hiya,
Could you power off and back on after 5pm and let us know if the issue is till there?

Thanks!

sorry but still not working
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

sorry but still not working

Hi ddgolf,

Apologies for this, I can appreciate your frustration here.
There's an error well outside of the norm that neither us mods or the Porting team can resolve which has required us to escalate to our 2nd line tech team

Both myself and Daz have underlined the timeframes here and hope to have resolved asap.

Paul
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi ddgolf,

Apologies for this, I can appreciate your frustration here.
There's an error well outside of the norm that neither us mods or the Porting team can resolve which has required us to escalate to our 2nd line tech team

Both myself and Daz have underlined the timeframes here and hope to have resolved asap.

Paul

thanks Paul
View more options
Poster
another week has passed and still no voicemail - is this ever going to be resolved?
View more options
Poster
I have this same problem also.
I ported from O2 to Vodafone today, set up voicemail recorded message by dialing 121, etc, but notice that my phone rings and rings, does not divert to voicemail. Also, if I dial the voicemail number directly by dialling my mobile number with "5" after the "087" (I am very familiar with this), it says "this number is not in service" over and over.
Being concerned by this, I googled for the problem and got this forum post. Needless to say, I am very concerned by the posts here and how long it can take to get this resolved.. if it was even resolved for ddgolf??
I also tried the *61*0875xxxxxxx# and it didnt work. Got error:
"Error performing request.
Unknown Error
Setting Activation Failed
Voice Call Forwarding
When Unanswered
.. (similar message repeated for fax, data, etc).
"
My mobile number is my primary number for my work (self-employed barrister), and it is absolutely essential that my voicemail be working.
DDgolf, can you let me know was this resolved for you?
Do vodafone know how to fix this issue now... or am I going to be waiting forever for voicemail to work?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

another week has passed and still no voicemail - is this ever going to be resolved?
View more options
Poster

Voicemail is still not activated

Hi ddgolf
Please can you turn off and on and then test again. If you dont turn off and on it can't update the changes.

Then let me know if its working. Many thanks.

Thanks

Val
Valerie

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster
dublinl - this was eventually resolved. no explanation as to why problem occurred.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

dublinl - this was eventually resolved. no explanation as to why problem occurred.

Hiya

The issue was to do with the set up of the voicemail ancillary service.

Glad to hear it is functioning anyway :)
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster
Hi, would appreciate the help in also getting my voicemail set up.... think I've the same problem as previous poster. I've just changed over from using O2 to Vodafne so either the problem lies there with the O2 port? or the set up of the voicemail ancillary service?? Hopefully someone can resolve this quickly.....

And to clarify I've set up a greeting and activated my voicemail plus tried to activate the settings in the Call Divert section of the phone. Its a Nokia N70

Thanks.... S_Boy
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi S_boy,

I've updated your diverts there for you, so your voicemail should be up and running now.

Paul.
View more options
Poster
Thanks Paul for your help.... Diverts work now to voicemail but still can't adjust the settings manually on the phone?? Message is "Request rejected". Im assuming it'll divert when busy and if phone is off too....

S_Boy
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks Paul for your help.... Diverts work now to voicemail but still can't adjust the settings manually on the phone?? Message is "Request rejected". Im assuming it'll divert when busy and if phone is off too....

S_Boy

Yep, will divert when both off, busy and out of coverage.
Are you using the codes herewhen setting up diverts?
View more options
Poster
My Nokia 2700 phone on prepay with Vodafone wont go to voicemail it just stays ringing- could you change it so it goes to voicemail after 30 seconds of ringing.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

My Nokia 2700 phone on prepay with Vodafone wont go to voicemail it just stays ringing- could you change it so it goes to voicemail after 30 seconds of ringing.

Is it working for you now?
Jaf,
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster

Is it working for you now?

Yes it is working now thank you very much for your help!
View more options
Poster
Hi,

My voicemail is not working the phone just keeps ringing. I've tried manually changing settlings and followed the settings on the website but still no joy. Any advise you can give me?
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi YNWA,

Below are the codes to enter directly into the phone to activate your voicemail diverts. Could you enter these in, then test it and let me know how you get on :D.

The mailbox number is 0875...........or 0865.......... or 0855........ and then the rest of your number.

**62*(mailbox no.)# Phone switched off/out of coverage (not reachable)
**67*(mailbox no.)# Phone busy (busy/no connect)
**61*(mailbox no.)# Phone not answered (no reply)

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up