Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Other Devices

Voicemail not working

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
My voicemail doesn't seem to be working although i have set up a personal greeting and activated it. I also tried to fix it by diverting busy, not answered and no signal calls to my voicemail but it just says request not completed. Having spent a long time on hold to customer service and not getting through it'd be great if i could get some help on this here.
Thanks.
View more options
63 REPLIES 63
Community Manager
Community Manager

My voicemail doesn't seem to be working although i have set up a personal greeting and activated it. I also tried to fix it by diverting busy, not answered and no signal calls to my voicemail but it just says request not completed. Having spent a long time on hold to customer service and not getting through it'd be great if i could get some help on this here.
Thanks.

Hi there,
Your diverts are correctly set up at this end.
Would you mind dialling into your mailbox to see what happens? Just dial your number, but with a 5 after the first 3 digits, so if your number were 0871234567, your mailbox would be 08751234567

Thanks!

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
My voicemail's not working this past week or so either. When I receive a call and I don't answer, the phone just rings and rings. What can I do to fix this? Thanks JB
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

My voicemail's not working this past week or so either. When I receive a call and I don't answer, the phone just rings and rings. What can I do to fix this? Thanks JB

Hi 1454

This should be fixed for you now :)

I've set it to ring for 30 seconds before going to voicemail, I can change this if you like?
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster
Thank you Paul, this is great. Can you change it to ring for 20 seconds please? 1454

I've set it to ring for 30 seconds before going to voicemail, I can change this if you like?
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

No problem it will ring for 20 secs now
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster
My voicemail is not working. I have activated my voicemail but when I attempt to call divert to it 'request not completed' comes up. When I receive a call and I don't answer, the phone just rings 4 times and disconnects. What can I do to fix this? Thanks
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Ddgolf,

I have altered your voice mail settings from here.
Can you turn the phone off then back on again. When the phone comes on please dial 171 and test it for me.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster

Hello Ddgolf,

I have altered your voice mail settings from here.
Can you turn the phone off then back on again. When the phone comes on please dial 171 and test it for me.

Voice message service is working but calls are still not being directed to it if not answered.
View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Voice message service is working but calls are still not being directed to it if not answered.

I have changed them again, can you power off then on again & test.
If this does not resolve it for you can you test the sim card in a different phone to see if the same issue persists ?
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Poster

I have changed them again, can you power off then on again & test.
If this does not resolve it for you can you test the sim card in a different phone to see if the same issue persists ?

have put sim into brand new phone and still does not divert to voicemail
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

have put sim into brand new phone and still does not divert to voicemail

I have sent you a PM can you reply back to me ?
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Poster

I have sent you a PM can you reply back to me ?

my email replies to you are being bounced back - <forumvo@vodafone.com>: host me.vodafone.com said: 550 5.1.1
<forumvo@vodafone.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown (in reply
to RCPT TO command)
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
said: 550 5.1.1
<forumvo@vodafone.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown (in reply
to RCPT TO command)

If you got my PM,

Click on my name on the left here & select the option to send message
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ddgolf,

I have replied to your PM there need you to power off & on again as it should be back up & running for you then.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Poster

Hi Ddgolf,

I have replied to your PM there need you to power off & on again as it should be back up & running for you then.

Gazz,

still not working - phone rings for 30 secs but does not divert to voicemail. cal divert on phone still giving 'request not completed'
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Gazz,

still not working - phone rings for 30 secs but does not divert to voicemail. cal divert on phone still giving 'request not completed'

Hi ddgolf

Can you try putting in these codes manually? You just enter them individually into the main screen and press call or send. You mailbox number is your mobile number with a 5 after the prefix , eg 0871234567 would be 08751234567.
You need to enter these one by one:

**62*(mailbox number)#
**67*(mailbox number)#
**61*(mailbox number)#

Thanks
View more options
Poster

Hi ddgolf

Can you try putting in these codes manually? You just enter them individually into the main screen and press call or send. You mailbox number is your mobile number with a 5 after the prefix , eg 0871234567 would be 08751234567.
You need to enter these one by one:

**62*(mailbox number)#
**67*(mailbox number)#
**61*(mailbox number)#

Thanks

have done that but voicemail still not working
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

have done that but voicemail still not working

Hi ddgolf

Apologies in the delay in this, the issue relates to the port from 02.

I'm gettting this resolved as we speak, your voicemail will be up and running within 24 hours
View more options
Poster

Hi ddgolf

Apologies in the delay in this, the issue relates to the port from 02.

I'm gettting this resolved as we speak, your voicemail will be up and running within 24 hours

Voicemail is still not activated
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up