Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Other Devices

Huawei B528 4G mobile broadband router

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi

I have the Huawei broadband 4G router, but the signal strength is very weak where I live. 1 maybe 2 bars. 

Do Vodafone sell / recommend an external aerial for this router ? This is what the Huawei router home page says..

"Please use only external antennas provided by your carrier. Avoid using other third-party antennas as they may not work as well as the carrier antennas. (Additional antennas can be purchased from your carrier.)"

Thanks

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there,

I'm afraid Vodafone Ireland does not sell this product, however if you contact Huawei directly, they may be able to offer further assistance.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

I have the same router and live in a location where Vodafone's mobile phone and 3G coverage is very poor. For reasons I don't understand, I can receive 4G on the B528 with a signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars and download speeds varying between 4 and 15 megabits per second, depending on traffic and weather conditions. I can offer a couple of observations, based on my experience, which might improve your reception without resorting to an external antenna. My house sits on an elevated site. If I locate the router on the ground floor, the 4G signal comes and goes and it is very difficult to connect to the internet as a result. Moving the router to the upper floor of the house improves and stabilises the 4G signal and makes it useable and much quicker than anything I experienced with the mini wifi Vodafone dongles/routers I have used in the past. Interestingly and very strangely, I have found that even though the B528 can achieve a good 4G connection, my LTE mobile phone cannot. Also, the position of the router to find the best 4G signal is critical. It must be in front of a window and whilst the signal is unstable with my router on the windowsill, raising it about a foot above the sill makes a huge difference to the strength and stability of the signal. The downside of having the router upstairs and most of my wifi enabled equipment downstairs is that I need to use range extenders/signal boosters on the ground floor to ensure reasonable whole house coverage, but the same situation would occur in reverse if the router worked best downstairs and I wanted a decent signal upstairs. Fingers crosse that this helps solve your problem.

View more options
Moderator Moderator

Thanks.. Good advice here.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up