Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Other Devices

Call barring

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Seems like a recurring topic, so seems like I am not the only one experiencing this but...

My phone refuses to do international calls because it says the call barring in on. I tried several times using the GSM code to deactivate all the barrings (#33*0000#) and i get a message indicating that the barring is off... but then when I try calling it still says call can't be made because barring is on.

Any idea of what should I do, I want to call home and use my international minutes...

View more options
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Valued Poster
Hi there jrsola,

A moderator can deactivate that for you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,

If you restart the phone now you should be good to go.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
It works now, thanks a mil!
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, and we're here if you need anything further.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi

I just got a Samsung S4 yesterday and everytime I tried to call an international number it gives me the error message that the call barring is on. However in settings call baring seems to be disabled.

In addition, my phone ID doesn't seem to come up even when I select to show number.

can you please help? I moved from O2 to vodafone just yesterday.

Thanks Smiley Happy

View more options
Valued Poster

Hi there calitaf,

A Community Manager can set caller ID to default tomorrow but as for the call barring

To deactivate call barring:

Dial # 330 * password # or 0000 

Thanks,

Sadiq Redmond,

Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya,

Could you restart and try it now for me?

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi,

I am having the same call barring problem with my phone.  It is an irish phone and sim and I am in France at the moment but I can make no phone calls.

I ahve tried the #330 code and its says call barring has been cancelled but the problem persists.

Could you please advise me on this.

Thank you

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
Could you try switching to the Orange network - that should do the trick?

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hello I am trying to use my Vodafone Ireland PASG Mobile in Thailand, there are not internation call barrings set but every time I use the phone to dail home I get a message saying this call is not allowed at year request ??

Please help to make it possible for me to use my phone in Thailand :-(

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
I've asked the roaming folks if they can look into this for you.

Thanks,

View more options
Edu
Poster

Got the same problem. I already ran the code above and got the msg saying that call barring is currently disabled, restarted my mbl and still got the same issue. Can any administrator check that for me? I need to make international calls.

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,

There's no call barring active from our side, this may be related to a function of the phone though?

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi,

same story here. Moved recently from another network to Vodafone and I cannot make international calls. Can sameone please look into this?

Thanks

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
If you restart, you'll be good to go now.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi , I have a samsung galaxy s4 and I tried to call an international number it gives me the error message that the call barring is on. However in settings call baring seems to be disabled.  I just need some help Smiley Happy

thanks 

View more options
Community Expert
A mod can check your account this morning to sort it out.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya,
There's no bars showing on the account itself - are you using the correct international dialling code?

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

I was in France last week and Norway the previous week. Could not make a call or send a text from either place on my iPhone 4. Kept getting the message that the call was barred. Why?

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up