Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other Devices

Age Verification

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I have also been getting this message ever since I switched from pre-pay to bill-pay a few months ago. I have even gone into the store in Cork to have it removed, where I was put on the phone to customer services (for about 20 minutes) and the issue is still not resolved.

Can someone here fix it please?

Cheers,

Anthony

EDIT: I found this thread through the search function and only just now spotted that it's in the Nokia section, my apologies (my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, although I don't think the type of phone should make a difference in this situation).

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
That's fixed up now - feel free to drop by if you need anything else though.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I've verified my age in store, restarted the phone and nothing has happened regarded the age verification. Been back in store and was instructed to ring customer care which I duly did only to be informed to go back in store. Can you do anything to help?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @peterg96 

Only stores can change the access profile foc PAYG customers. This is done by visiting a store and showing identification to verify your age.  I do apologise if this was not successfully completed when you last visited the store but I would be unable to change your profie here.  This can only be done in store.

Thanks,

Steven

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Blocked from some sites and I'm 18 please sort this.

View more options
Community Expert
If you're bill pay then mods can sort you out on Monday. PAYG customers must drop into a store with photo ID to prove their age and then the block can be lifted.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
As Cookie notes, you're a PAYG customer, so this restriction needs to be lifted by a store.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi

I'm having a problem with age restriction too, even though my 

date of birth appears in my details (I'm 24).

Can anyone help?

Thanks

View more options
Community Expert
Please see my earlier post.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
As Cookie mentions, you'd need to pop into a store with photo ID to get this restriction lifted.

Thanks,

View more options
Deleted Account
Not applicable
I'm having this problem too, it doesn't happen sometimes and then out of nowhere it'll block sites that I visit regularly, I'm 19
View more options
Community Expert
If you're a payg Customer you must drop into a store with photo ID to get the block lifted.
Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

Cookie is spot on, if you're set up on a Pay as You Go account, you would need to drop into your nearest Vodafone store and present valid photo ID in order to have this restriction removed from your profile.

If you're a bill pay customer, can you please private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info and I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hi, I have been having the same problem, i.e. not being able to access several websites due to age restrictions (I am 20).  Is it possible to fix this issue without having to visit a Vodafone store as my nearest one isminutes away.

View more options
Community Expert
If you're PAYG you MUST go to a store to sort it out I;m afraid. No other option as you must use photo ID to get the block removed.
Cookie
View more options

Thanks Cookie Smiley Happy

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up