Support:

Nokia

Search in Community:
Poster
paulusdu

hs.vodafone.ie

We have several phones with Vodafone, we have anew phone and looking at the bill there is a Data charge every hour for hs.vodafone.ie of 16.5 cents.
in total its over 70 euros for this data charge for the month and i have no idea what it is for or how it was activated.

Can anyone shed light on this ?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (5,703 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

Re:hs.vodafone.ie

hs.vodafone.ie is a connection to the net. if its an hourly charge i would imagine you have some app (facebook twitter) that is set to update every hour or email that is set to check every hour. if you can say what phone was used that had all the chargers we may be able to narrow it down or find a way to reduce the cost
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 2 of 5 (5,703 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 42
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 40

If its the E52 your on then it might be Nokia messaging although I've no idea why that (or anything else for that matter) would have been preset to the HS access point.

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 3 of 5 (5,703 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
paulusdu

I don;t have the phone in front of me at the moment, but i will check for any of those applications. I would guess mail and messaging would be the likely culprits ?
Message 4 of 5 (5,703 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

I don;t have the phone in front of me at the moment, but i will check for any of those applications. I would guess mail and messaging would be the likely culprits ?

Hi

Yes possibly, or any kind of app that uses push notifications, maybe a location based service....

There should be a home button where you can find the option to close all apps or active connections/data connections...
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 5 of 5 (5,703 Views)
Please use plain text.