Support:

Nokia

Search in Community:
Poster

Unwanted texts from a 57976 number

Posted from Samsung SM-T555

Keep getting  a message on my phone  saying we have a reverse charge message for you from 57976 don't know what this is but receive a least two or three a day. Tried to send a stop message to this number but it won't let me.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 8 (926 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,012
Solutions: 160

Re: Unwanted texts from a 57976 number

You need to contact the company responsible directly or if you aren't getting anywhere contact the premium rate services regulator as Vodafone cannot stop this:

http://servicechecker.comreg.ie/Find/Index?q=57976

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S7 Edge owner. I dont work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 8 (919 Views)

Hi there,

Unfortunately Cookie is correct, as these numbers are not part of Vodafone, we wouldn't be unable to assist you in this matter. If you are having trouble opting out I would suggest you email this company requesting to have this service stopped, the email address you can use is aeus@txtnation.com. If you follow the link that Cookie has provided you'll be able to find the service provider for these messages, as well as contact details with which you can open a dispute if you feel these are not valid charges.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 8 (915 Views)
Poster

Im not sure if you resolved the matter with regard to the above; but I came across your post when I was charged by the same number to the tune of €15 on todays phone bill.

V Customer care gave me the contact details of the service provider which was a company called "TxtNation", who I got in touch with and seem to have passed the buck. Heres the details of their reply; it may be of some help to others:

"We are the billing platform provider and not the content provider that has charged you, while I understand your frustration unfortunately I cannot process a refund on my end.
If you are disputing the opt-in and wish to request a refund kindly contact the content provider "UME" directly on help@umelimited.com."

Hopefully there is a way of getting a refund for services which were never received or opted-into. I think these companies have a cheek taking money from people without their knowledge or consent.

Message 4 of 8 (377 Views)
Poster

Im not sure if you resolved the matter with regard to the above; but I came across your post when I was charged by the same number to the tune of €15 on todays phone bill.

V Customer care gave me the contact details of the service provider which was a company called "TxtNation", who I got in touch with and seem to have passed the buck. Heres the details of their reply; it may be of some help to others:

"We are the billing platform provider and not the content provider that has charged you, while I understand your frustration unfortunately I cannot process a refund on my end.
If you are disputing the opt-in and wish to request a refund kindly contact the content provider "UME" directly on help@umelimited.com."

Hopefully there is a way of getting a refund for services which were never received or opted-into. I think these companies have a cheek taking money from people without their knowledge or consent.

Message 5 of 8 (377 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,012
Solutions: 160

Complain to the regulator if you're getting nowhere.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S7 Edge owner. I dont work for Vodafone
Message 6 of 8 (373 Views)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this, cookie is correct, if you feel that your issue is not being dealt with effectively through the service provider directly, we would recommend that you contact the regulator and have your complaint escalated, this process can be found here.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 7 of 8 (366 Views)
Highlighted
Poster

Many emails later - the Regulator is indeed the last option, but not before exhausting all other avenues.

From TxtNation to UME to MobiPlanet, one company has pawned me off the the next. A web of dishonest companies, each passing the case over to the next.

ComReg have the above number listed in their service checker section on their website, so this is not anything new to them.

:-(

Message 8 of 8 (362 Views)