Support:

Nokia

Search in Community:
dar
Poster
dar

Barred Numbers?

Hi I am currently trying to ring 1907 cust care and sales and it is saying I am calling a barred number. How can this be?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Dwayne from Vodafone

Re:Barred Numbers?

Hi I am currently trying to ring 1907 cust care and sales and it is saying I am calling a barred number. How can this be?

Hi dar,

1907 is our Bill pay customer care number. So in order to call this number you must be a bill pay customer. The Rtg customer care number is 1747

Dwayne
Dwayne
Vodafone View Team

Did I ask you to send me a mail? Click here to do so.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 2 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Julian M.

Hi dar,

1907 is our Bill pay customer care number. So in order to call this number you must be a bill pay customer. The Rtg customer care number is 1747

Dwayne

What about people trying to call about Vodafone at Home? Aren't the mobile numbers verified before getting through to someone anyway? Doesn't really make sense to bar them completely. It's also possible that a PM customer might want to call customer service from an RTG phone, possibly their partner's phone maybe, for whatever reason.
Message 3 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
AnnMarie

Hi Julian,

I'll pass on the feedback to the relevant team. You can call 1850 20 40 20 from any other phone to be put through to our customer care section. There you'll be able to choose either mobile, mobile broadband, or Vodafone at Home support.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
Message 4 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Julian M.

Hi Nick,

This only feedback as I've been a billpay customer since Eircell, so I have the convenient privilege of using 1907, but I know from dealing with other companies, and also from friends who are Vf prepay customers, that callsave numbers are extremely annoying and frustrating. Callsave numbers very rarely save the caller any money, and usually cost more since most people nowadays are paying for included minutes to landline numbers.

Also, one thing I've always loved about Vodafone is how easy it is to get through to customer service, the fact that you don't have to strain your ears to try and understand them, and that most of the staff are very friendly, and in most cases helpful. This was the primary factor in me choosing Vf as my broadband provider.

Anyway, I'm sure it's possible to work out some system whereby RTG customers can dial 1907 but will only get put through to a rep in certain circumstances, and will otherwise receive useful info on how to reach someone with their issue or query. As opposed to just barring the number completely. But as I said, it's only feedback.

I also have more constructive feedback, if anyone is interested in hearing it...
Message 5 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the feedback and I would be interested in hearing more so please PM me when you get the chance.

I'll pass on the feedback and I'll get you updates where possible :).

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 6 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Julian M.

Hi Nick,

I tried to send you a private message, but I got this error message:

"The member cannot receive any new messages"
Message 7 of 12 (9,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
minxus

Re: Re:Barred Numbers?

Im trying to get through to speak to customer service team, but on my mobile the numbers are barred as am prepay. On the landline i call and all i get is the annoying automated messages with no option to speak to customer care. Im beyond dissatisfied and annoyed as noone even bothered to even reply on my email 4 days ago. This is ridiculous. All im trying to do is sort out this 15 euro free cred ad-on and how i can spend it and trying to purchase the bundle on this free credit or any credit i have and it doesnt let it go through 4 days in a row. Im tired of this ridiculousness. Why is vodafone so user unfriendly and just plain useless when you need stuff to be sorted?

Message 8 of 12 (1,979 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

Re: Re:Barred Numbers?

minxus wrote:

Im trying to get through to speak to customer service team, but on my mobile the numbers are barred as am prepay. On the landline i call and all i get is the annoying automated messages with no option to speak to customer care. Im beyond dissatisfied and annoyed as noone even bothered to even reply on my email 4 days ago. This is ridiculous. All im trying to do is sort out this 15 euro free cred ad-on and how i can spend it and trying to purchase the bundle on this free credit or any credit i have and it doesnt let it go through 4 days in a row. Im tired of this ridiculousness. Why is vodafone so user unfriendly and just plain useless when you need stuff to be sorted?

Hi minxus,

Thanks for your post and apologies for this. Do you want to pop me over a PM with the following info and I'll check this out for you?

Mobile Number

Address

Date of Birth

Add-On you are looking for

Link to this thread

Thanks,

I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
Message 9 of 12 (1,976 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
aleksandral

Re: Barred Numbers?

but what if i'am a bill pay coustumer and i can't call 1709 ? They say i'm calling a 'barred number ' 

Message 10 of 12 (1,198 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus
Topics: 83
Kudos: 363
Solutions: 77

Maybe if you used 1907 you'd have more luck getting through to customer care.

Monkeys stole my underpants!!!!
Message 11 of 12 (1,197 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hiya,

Were you able to get through to 1907, as EJ suggested?

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 12 of 12 (1,185 Views)
Please use plain text.