Support:

Network

Search in Community:
GL
Poster
GL

'Free' Internet

I just received a text from vodafone that for €30 a month I can get free texts and calls to Vodafone customers as well as free internet usage. Firstly by making people pay an extra €10 a month there is NOTHING free about the internet. Also while I was interested in this as I regularly use the internet, I was disgusted to read in the terms and conditions that this 'free' internet usage has a limit of 250mb per month. This is a pityful amount. Of course vodafone weren't so quick to mention this in their information texts. When we have 50mb for 99c a day why would anyone pay an extra €10 for this disgraceful amount of 'free' internet? Needless to say I wont be signing up. As I've always thought vodafone only care about their bill pay customers.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (10,860 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 42
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 40

Re:'Free' Internet

When we have 50mb for 99c a day why would anyone pay an extra €10 for this disgraceful amount of 'free' internet? Needless to say I wont be signing up. As I've always thought vodafone only care about their bill pay customers.

lol, the 99c a day is CHARGED from your credit. The 250MB is not, Its FREE. Should you happen to go over the allowance, then you fall back to 99c daily up to 50MB.

Whats not to like?

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 2 of 5 (10,860 Views)
Please use plain text.
GL
Poster
GL

No not confused at all. Im currently paying €20 for my calls and texts to vodafone numbers. They are now saying for €30 a month (thats an extra €10) that I can get 'free' internet - so how is it free???? It's not! Things are only free if you dont have to pay for them!
Message 3 of 5 (10,860 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 42
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 40

No not confused at all. Im currently paying €20 for my calls and texts to vodafone numbers. They are now saying for €30 a month (thats an extra €10) that I can get 'free' internet - so how is it free???? It's not! Things are only free if you dont have to pay for them!

OK, so you top up your phone with 30 euro. Then you use your 250MB..... your remaining balance is still 30 Euro.
You still would have your 30 euro available for calls, texts, MMS and of course internet should you use up your 250MB. Where exactly is this costing you?

Do you top up your phone by 30 euro or more a month?

If not then this probably isn't for you. For those that do then this is very nice little bonus and of course, at no cost to them.

And to clarify, you dont pay 20 euro for free calls and texts to Vodafone numbers, you get it as an extra WHEN you top up by 20 euro as your 20 euro is still available for you to use.

To make my point, have a look at emobile....
For 10 euro a week , you get 200 minutes and 200 texts. So if you top up with 10 euro, you get your minutes and texts but your balance is ZERO as it costs you to purchase this add on. Not the case here as the money you used to top up is still available to you to use how you like.

So in summary, if you top up with 30 euro, you get your free calls, texts and internet and still retain your 30 euro.

Simples :)

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 4 of 5 (10,860 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

I just received a text from vodafone that for €30 a month I can get free texts and calls to Vodafone customers as well as free internet usage. Firstly by making people pay an extra €10 a month there is NOTHING free about the internet. Also while I was interested in this as I regularly use the internet, I was disgusted to read in the terms and conditions that this 'free' internet usage has a limit of 250mb per month. This is a pityful amount. Of course vodafone weren't so quick to mention this in their information texts. When we have 50mb for 99c a day why would anyone pay an extra €10 for this disgraceful amount of 'free' internet? Needless to say I wont be signing up. As I've always thought vodafone only care about their bill pay customers.

Hiya,
Threads now merged (Thanks Digi).
As a small point to address your concerns, the offer is not paying 10 euros for the internet usage, it's a total of 30 euros credit, which is yours to use, and an activation of a free internet bundle.
In addition, we regularly offer bonus credit for topping up by higher denominations, so the actual offer will be:
Pay 30 euro for a top up and get:
Free internet
Free calls and texts or any network texts
36 or more euros of credit to spend on other things if the internet bundle runs out, or calls to numbers that aren't covered by the free options.

We've had a very positive response, though if you'd prefer not to avail of the offer, the 20 euro options are still available, this new offer is about giving back more to those who do top up by higher amounts.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 5 of 5 (10,860 Views)
Please use plain text.