Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

My Vodafone

"Account inactive" error message means I can't pay my final bill! PLEASE HELP

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi,

I've just moved to the US and I'm supposed to pay my last Vodafone bill by March 3, but the website won't let me login! It's giving me an error message saying my account is inactive.

I can't call from the States, so this is the only way I could pay.

How can I re-activate my account to pay this final bill??

Thanks,

Kate

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Community Expert

@kirbreton wrote:

Hi,

I've just moved to the US and I'm supposed to pay my last Vodafone bill by March 3, but the website won't let me login! It's giving me an error message saying my account is inactive.

I can't call from the States, so this is the only way I could pay.

How can I re-activate my account to pay this final bill??

Thanks,

Kate

Your account no longer exists i would imagine as you cancelled services. They can't reactivate it as you don't have a service tied to it.

It is certainy possible to contact them from the US - 0035312038232 is their international number. 

Are any of your Iirsh bank accounts still active? Most have a method to pay bill such as Vodafones directly.

An Post Bill Pay is another option available to you.

Failing all that, Vodafone staff might be able to give you a few options once they work their way to this thread (there is currently a bit of a backlog)

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks Digi,

I do still have an active Irish bank account, so really it should be simple for me to pay the bill. Yes, Vodafone must have cancelled the account but I had thought they'd at least keep it active long enough for me to pay my last bill!!

The An Post BillPay doesn't work because it says my account number is invalid, which must be because Vodafone cancelled it. 

I cannot call them because a) I don't have a phone here yet and will not get one before March 3 and b) even if I did, I wouldn't want to pay international rates while on hold waiting for Vodafone! It took me three tries and over 25 minutes on try #3 the last time I called them back in Ireland. I'd hate to think what kind of bills that would rack up over here.

00353 is an Irish number, not a US number, so it would cost an arm and a leg for me to call. AT&T's current international rate to Europe is $2 per minute. Yikes.

Thanks a million for your suggestions and if you have any other ideas, please let me know!! Otherwise I'll wait for a Vodafone rep to see the thread. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Kate

View more options

Hi Kate,

Sorry for the delay in our response. Please send us a private message with the below details and we'll take a look:

Mobile number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up