Support:

My Vodafone

Search in Community:
Poster
dazmetron

Vodafone phonebook sync

I was just going through my phone and personal details and updating a few bits and pieces (surprisingly without coming across too many site errors!!) when I noticed that in the My Mobile Phone and Device Settings, the option to sync your contact details online is still highlighted. I would have to ask why considering it is a long time since the list of compatible phones has been updated. This was a very useful service when Vodafone first introduced it and I am surprised that they never continued to update this. Looking back through old emails I see that I requested that the Sony Ericsson V630i be added to the list of phones over 4 years ago only to be told "The V630i has not been added to the list of compatible handsets yet." It never was and as far as I can see, no other phones have since been added. Perhaps it is time for this feature to be removed from the vodafone website or even better actually updated. While a large number or customers are now using smart phones and perhaps don't have as strong a need for contact syncing, surely a large proportion of Vodafone customers would benefit from a quick and easy way to sync phonebook contacts especially seeing as the online phonebook also automatically syncs with webtexts and unbilled call details.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (8,034 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
dazmetron

Re:Vodafone phonebook sync

In a downside to my updating of details yesterday, I seem to have made a mess of my contact access profile and now can no longer access facebook and links through twitter etc. when connecting through Vodafone live. Can a mod update my profile please. I'm on bill pay and you have my number already.

Thanks in advance!
Message 2 of 5 (8,034 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

In a downside to my updating of details yesterday, I seem to have made a mess of my contact access profile and now can no longer access facebook and links through twitter etc. when connecting through Vodafone live. Can a mod update my profile please. I'm on bill pay and you have my number already.

Thanks in advance!

Hi dazmetron

Certainly :)

Would you be able to power off and back on again and try again?
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 3 of 5 (8,034 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
dazmetron

Hi dazmetron

Certainly :)

Would you be able to power off and back on again and try again?

Everything's back to normal again!
Thanks PMC.
Message 4 of 5 (8,034 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Everything's back to normal again!
Thanks PMC.

Perfect thanks :)

Regarding the synch option, Ill check with the web team
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 5 of 5 (8,034 Views)
Please use plain text.