Support:

My Vodafone

Search in Community:
Poster

Vodafone Mail

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been unable to send, reply, forward or do pretty much anything but read my mails. When I click reply or forward I just get a blank "New Mail" up. If I write a whole new mail and go to send it, the send button doesn't work. This is pretty frustrating. I have tried on different computers so I'm pretty sure it's not my PC.

I have now tried to go through Outlook 2007 instead because of the above issue, but for some reason I can receive but not send mails. (I have checked SMTP settings etc and all seem to be set up fine). This time it probably is me doing something wrong so any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (8,662 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re:Vodafone Mail

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been unable to send, reply, forward or do pretty much anything but read my mails. When I click reply or forward I just get a blank "New Mail" up. If I write a whole new mail and go to send it, the send button doesn't work. This is pretty frustrating. I have tried on different computers so I'm pretty sure it's not my PC.

I have now tried to go through Outlook 2007 instead because of the above issue, but for some reason I can receive but not send mails. (I have checked SMTP settings etc and all seem to be set up fine). This time it probably is me doing something wrong so any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hi Pete

When you were trying to send mails origonally before you tried Outlook 2007, Were you logging into the vodafone.ie site and from there going to vodafone mail???

Thanks

Rory
Message 2 of 6 (8,662 Views)
Poster

Hi Rory, thanks for the quick reply,

I only tried Outlook yesterday for the first time, and I only tried Outlook because the website had stopped working for me. I have been using vodafone.ie for my email for a few years now and only in the past few weeks has this problem popped up. I have managed to get Outlook to receive my mails but am still getting an error when sending mails. Still no luck with the website either.

Thanks again,

Peter

Hi Pete

When you were trying to send mails origonally before you tried Outlook 2007, Were you logging into the vodafone.ie site and from there going to vodafone mail???

Thanks

Rory
Message 3 of 6 (8,662 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

The only thing that could be causing an issue with sending mail here is your outgoing mail server settings in outlook.

If you are using a Vodafone internet connection then the below steps will apply, if not you need to find out the outgoing server for your ISP

To check this do the following,
Open Outlook, Click on Tools at the top, Click on Account Settings, Click on your account and then click on Change and then make sure mail.vodafone.ie is the outgoing(SMTP) server.

Thanks

Rory
Message 4 of 6 (8,662 Views)
Poster

Hi Rory, again thanks for the swifty reply.

I'll give this a go later. Just to be clear....if I'm on, say, UPC broadband, I put in their SMTP and not mail.vodafone.ie?

Thanks again,

Pete
Message 5 of 6 (8,662 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Thats it, im not too sure what UPC outgoing mail server is but if it is incorrect, you will just be able to receive but not send.

Thanks

Rory
Message 6 of 6 (8,662 Views)