Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

My Vodafone

Transfer current number to a micro sim

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi there,
I've recently been speaking with you guys on Facebook about moving my father's current mobile number over to a micro sim so he can use his new phone. I have a generic sim card. Is there someone available privately to do the switch for us please?

Thanks

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert
It's important that your father has added you to his account as an authorised user otherwise GDPR will prevent vodafone from discussing his account with you.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

How do we go about doing this please?

We had a terrible in store experience with Vodafone and it was agreed that a micro sim could be activated through this forum. If there are more hoops for us to jump through I think we need to find a different network provider.

View more options
Community Expert
He would have to speak with Vodafone over the phone or instore and ask them to add you as an authorised user on his account. Or if he comes online himself mods can assist here.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

I can get him to come on and approve me. This problem has been going on for over a month, he just wants to use the phone I bought him for Christmas.

View more options
Community Expert

Mods will probably be gone now for the day but they will be back tomorrow.  You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the service you need support with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Cookie
View more options
Highlighted
Poster
Hi again,

Thanks for the help. He's now set up on his new phone, finally! And he also added me as an authorised person to his account.
View more options
Community Expert
Glad you got it sorted.
Cookie
View more options

Hi there, 

Glad to hear you got sorted. If you need any further assistance in the future please let us know. ~Ailís

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up