Support:

My Vodafone

Search in Community:
Poster

Problems using vodafone.ie email and Outlook

Hi

For the last 2 weeks or so, I haven't been able to download my vodafone.ie emails to Outlook.
its always worked before, now it comes up with the connection to the server was interrupted. Any ideas whats gone wrong for me?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re:Problems using vodafone.ie email and Outlook

Hey Elbow83,

What's your incoming and outgoing mail server set as? Also what anti-virus software do you have and has it been updated recently?

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 2 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

Hi Nick,

incoming is set to pop.vodafone.ie and outgoing is smtp.upcmail.ie (can send from the account fine, and sending a test message while setting up works fine)
using AVG free, updated this morning.
Message 3 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nick,

incoming is set to pop.vodafone.ie and outgoing is smtp.upcmail.ie (can send from the account fine, and sending a test message while setting up works fine)
using AVG free, updated this morning.

Hiya

Are you able to access your mails via the Vodafone website?
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 4 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

Yes i can...
Message 5 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Yes i can...

Ok thanks

I've checked your account from here and all looks to be ok. Could you removed the account and add it back on? The mails should synch up.

Let me know if the problem continues.
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 6 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

Still the same problem i'm afraid.
Task 'pop.vodafone.ie - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

i have another account with a different provider thats also set up on my outlook and that works no problem at all.
Message 7 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Topics: 20
Kudos: 402
Solutions: 283

Still the same problem i'm afraid.
Task 'pop.vodafone.ie - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

i have another account with a different provider thats also set up on my outlook and that works no problem at all.

Hiya,
Just to narrow this down, do you have SSL ticked or unticked when you put the settings in?

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 8 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

Hi Darren,

its unticked.
When i tick it (assuming its in the More Settings - Advanced dialog) it takes ages to test account settings and then fails with a different error:
"Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

its all a bit strange... worked for about 3 years no problem, then decided it didnt want to anymore... i feel unloved :-(
Message 9 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

bump....
Message 10 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

Darren/Paul

is there anything that can be done? i've exhausted any help i can get from Google...
Message 11 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

Darren/Paul

is there anything that can be done? i've exhausted any help i can get from Google...

I have the identical problem since approx. 17 Nov. (the date the last mail received from @vodafone.ie on Outlook 2010), I tried everything up to and including a new installation of Windows 7, MS Office 2010, removal of McAfee Antivirus, no joy, happens on my @vodafone account and on my wife's @vodafone account on the same pc, that's why I reinstalled everything, it looked too much of a coincidence that both accounts are faulty at the same.

Any help much appreciated.

In the meantime, Mozilla Thunderbird is the default email client, no isues.
Message 12 of 13 (13,812 Views)
Poster

My last email received into outlook and on the client on my iPhone 3GS was 17th Nov @ 23:20. I initially though this was a problem with the handset until i noticed it happened on my laptop too. Vodafone were carrying out maintenance at the weekend on the webmail servers as I could not log in on Friday via the web.

@vodafone, please let us know what is going on?

For clarity: on the laptop i am using Outlook 2007.
Message 13 of 13 (13,812 Views)