My Vodafone

Inactive account - reactivation?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi there,

One of my accounts has become inactive. While I understand the need to deactivate accounts, it seems a bit crazy that Vodafone does not simply text customers to warn them before essentially disconnecting them AND disabling all online access to Vodafone and the community forum.

Could you please re-activate my account again so that I can actually top up. I understand I will need to PM my details to someone in support there - just let me know who.

Thanks!
View more options
19 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)
Hi @snell2015,

I have responded to your other post, the details to forward are within the body of the message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

snell2015 wrote:
Hi there,

One of my accounts has become inactive. While I understand the need to deactivate accounts, it seems a bit crazy that Vodafone does not simply text customers to warn them before essentially disconnecting them AND disabling all online access to Vodafone and the community forum.

Could you please re-activate my account again so that I can actually top up. I understand I will need to PM my details to someone in support there - just let me know who.

Thanks!

Hi, I am having the same issue, can someone please help reactivate my account please?

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:
SIM card number:

Name:
Address:
Date of birth:
Email:
Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi,

Could you please reactivate my account ? I will PM you the details .

Many Thanks,
Simi
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
Please do send the details above over.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,
would you be so kind and reactivate my account.
I shall send the information in PM.

Thank You,
Marko

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marko,
That's reactivated now - you just need to top up within 14 days to keep the number fully active for another 6 months.

Thanks,​​​​​​​

View more options
Poster

Thank You!

View more options
Poster

Hello,

my account has been deactivated. Can you please help reactivate it?

Thanks a lot,

Laura

View more options
Community Expert

Vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi Cookie,

thanks very much for the answer and the hint.

I haven't been using my Irish number for a while..I thought it could happen..

I'll wait for the mod to be back on Monday. For some reason, the live chat doesn't pop up even on browsers other than Chrome..

Thanks again!

Laura

View more options
Poster
Account reactivated! Thanks a lot!
View more options
Community Expert
Glad it's sorted.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi

Would it be possibe to reactivate another inactive account?

View more options
Poster

Hi

I was in contact with 3 different customer care representative: over the phone, over the chat and by PM

And all of them were saying it  was not possible to reactivate the number or keep the number as the account was disconnected for more than 6 months and the number was recycled.

But I am very confused regarding the technical aspects of the situation.  I still can receive calls/sms and also can data with no problems. It looks like the number is still in semi-active mode and linked to SIM. The only issues - I can not top it up or make calls. 

As the result I am very surprised that Vodafone is saying they can not do anything on their end in terms of reactivating or keeping the same number, but they clearly have access to all information and from my point of view it should be possible to reactivate the number (as all information is accessible) 

It would make more sense if a number was deactivated fully (no calls, no data in or out) otherwise it gives the impression that the number is still active, but you just have no balance to make calls. As the result you are giving the number to people without worring they would not be able to contact you, but at the end you are pushed to change the number. 

Is it really the case that Vodafone can not do anything about it, which I found difficult to believe to or is it just the default “script” which first line customer care is following in order not to go to the second/third line of support?   

View more options

I am afraid that due to system restrictions, the option to reconnect your mobile number is simply not available once your account has been inactive for 6 months or longer.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hi 

i tried to top top up my phone as it says my account is inactive, how do I reactivate my account

View more options
Community Expert

How long has it been inactive? Vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Cookie
View more options
Highlighted

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Heather.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up