Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

My Vodafone

Change name on account

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi, How do I change the name on my account?

View more options
26 REPLIES 26
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
Is this a correction of spelling/other minor change or a transfer of ownership to another person?

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

A transfer of ownership.

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
For a transfer of ownership, simply fill out this form, and pop it back over to the address indicated, we'll do the rest.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thanks. Is it the same form for a pay as you go account?

I've actually owned this account/sim for probably the last 15 years. I just want to change the name as my brother gave me the sim originally and registered it under a made up name.

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ah, sorry - it's actually easier from PAYG.
If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look after this for you.

Mobile number:
Old name:

New name:
Address:
Date of birth:
A number you'd regularly call from your mobile:
Date and amount of last top up:
Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

sent, thanks.

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good stuff, that's all done for you now.

Drop us a line here if you need anything else though.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster
My first name is spelt wrong on my account. Can I change please

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sure thing, simply send over the details mentioned above.

Thanks,

View more options
Poster

Hi,

Would it be possible for me to change the name of ownership on my PAYG phone? Thanks.

View more options
Community Expert
PAYG phone or sim card?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

My wife's phone is in my name. I want to change it to her name (no, we're still together).

I had a long talk with 1907 and they sent me a link that they said would lead me to a form that I'd have to fill out.

That link was this: https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/bill-pay.html

It leads to no form. Neither does the link on this thread.

I've now had an online chat in MyVodafone, which directed me to 1907 and then the long conversation with them and I still am no closer to changing the ownership on this phone.

View more options
Community Expert
Mods can assist you when they are back in the morning.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

If you would like to have your wife listed as a decision maker i.e. discuss the account and bills with a member of staff, update the account details, upgrade the mobile phone, cancel the account, you can have her name added as an account contact as opposed to completing a transfer of ownership form. If you have your wife's name added as an account contact / decision maker, your name would still be listed as the main account holder, however she will have the same authority as you over the account. If you would like me to have your wife's name added as a decision maker, simply private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can have this completed for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

The name you would like to have added to your account:

Link to your thread or post:

If you would like to complete a transfer of ownership request i.e. have your name removed from the account and have this changed into your wife's name, you will need to follow this link > go to Manage your account > go to Transferring Ownership of a Mobile Phone Account.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

It seems very convoluted to do what I actually want, so let me spell that out.

We have two phones, both in my name. Mine is on a contract, my wife's is on a month-to-month SIM only.

She wants a new phone (while keeping her own number) and we'd like to do that and put her on a contract. She also benefits from Vodafone Employee advantage at work, as do I. We'd leave her phone in my name except the rules for Employee advantage are that it only covers one line.

So she needs to have her existing phone in her own name and, as soon as we do that, she'll buy a Vodafone phone and enter a new conract.

Can this not be done all at once in a Vodafone shop rather than going through this laborious process of transferring ownership of an existing contract that we simply want to drop? It seems like it's going to be very slow.

View more options

If your wife would like to keep her existing mobile number and have this moved to Bill Pay and avail of a new handset with your employee discount, you will be required to transfer this mobile number into your wife's name. A transfer of ownership can be completed through our online form (linked in my previous message).

If you would like to drop in store, my colleague can provide you with the relevant transfer of ownership form that you and your wife will both need to complete, once you've filled in your details, my colleague can then post your request form to our head office where our admin team can process your request.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Thank you.

The form is ambiguous. At the top it says: 'The customer must show two original forms of identification.'

Which customer? The one doing the transferring or the one the account is being transferred to?

Same question for the bottom section where there's a place for a signature labeled 'Customer Acceptance'. Which customer?

View more options

Hi there,

The proof of ID section would apply to both you and your wife (you would both be required to provide two original forms of identification). The customers’ acceptance section would apply to your wife as she is agreeing to take ownership of this mobile number.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hello.

I bought my phone (with sim) from a childhood friend around 19 years ago. He had registered an account in his name (this was with 'Eircell' company, which was later bought by Vodafone).  I would like to change the name on the account.

He is gone. Long gone. I have not seen him for 15 years. I have been using this sim for around 19 years. So can I get the account name changed? Thank you.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up