Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

topped up by 20 euro and requested TEXTNET, but still being charged

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Can you tell me if I am entitled to free texts to all Irish mobiles. I topped up by 20 and then text TEXTNET to 50222.

Maybe I should have text first and then topped up.

I was charged for a text I sent to another irish network.

Does it take a while for this to take effect.

Thanks

RMcK

View more options
4 REPLIES
Valued Poster

You are entitled to free text to Vodafone* not like o2 ,meteor etc.. If you did it correctly you will get a message saying you were subscribe sometimes I see people topping-up and then subscribing 

Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Poster

So if you top up first you miss out??

View more options
Valued Poster
No , It works both ways but most people don't get the message after , you should have gotten a message to say you were subscribed and the offer is working..

-Sadiq
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you tell me if I am entitled to free texts to all Irish mobiles. I topped up by 20 and then text TEXTNET to 50222.

Maybe I should have text first and then topped up.

I was charged for a text I sent to another irish network.

Does it take a while for this to take effect.

Thanks

RMcK

Hi there RMcK,

Thanks for your post. In order to avail of this, you need to top up after sending the text message. If you want to pop me over the following info and I'll sort this out for you?

Mobile Number

Address

Date of Birth

Link to this thread

Thanks,

I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up