Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

tethering charged using live.vodafone.com apn

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi

I have a pixel 3 and it seems that i'm being charged using tethering even if my APN selected is live.vodafone.com.

Could you check?

View more options
11 REPLIES

Hi there,

I replied to you over on Boards regarding this, I'm still awaiting an update and I will update that thread once I know more Smiley Happy

- Aoife

View more options
Poster

Thanks Aoife,

Will i get some of my credits back?

View more options

Hi there,

I have come back to you on Boards, I'll keep any further replies to that thread just so there's no confusion Smiley Happy

- Aoife

View more options
Poster

I am experiencing the same issue with Pixel3 phone. Could you please share the solution publicly?

View more options
Poster

Hi Aoife,

I am experiencing the same issue with Pixel 3 and Vodafone X plan. Could you share the solution or add Pixel 3 to your device support page?

Thank you!

View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. At the moment, tethering is locked to the HS APN for this handset, and editing of APN settings is disabled so reason why it is not possible to change the settings. On PAYG, your allowance includes usage over live.vodafone.com only , if you go over a different APN, a charge is incurred.

I am checking if there are any plans for the Pixel 3 to allow the editing of APN settings.

- Aoife

View more options
Poster
Hi Aoife,
I'm having a similar issue, charged an extortionate amount for tethering on my PAYG plan. I checked the APN after reading this thread and it is set to live.vodafone.com by default, and when I turn tethering on it stays on that APN. The HS one is available but it is greyed out, and the MMS one is on the list but can't be selected.

I am using a Xiaomi Mi A2. Is there any way to get my credit back?
View more options
Community Expert
Vodafone cannot offer support for devices that are not sold directly by Vodafone (of which the Xaomi mi A2 is such a device). Some devices will not behave as expected. The T&C's call out the correct APN to use. How much credit did you use up before realising it was using the wrong APN?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Over €100. I don't recall being charged for tethering previously and didn't think anything of it until the internet stopped working.

Is there any way to verify that it's using the correct APN or APN settings while tethering, or am I just stuck not being able to tether anymore? Is there any way of getting a refund?
View more options
Poster
Hi, just wondering if there's any update on a possible refund? Or if anyone can help me with removing the other APNs to ensure this doesn't happen again?

I tried connecting to the HS Vodafone APN and this cuts out my internet connection altogether, and the MMS one is disabled, so I'm at a loss to understand how any other APN other than live.vodafone can be used for tethering.
View more options

Hi Ciara,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. In terms of setting up the APN, we'd advise contacting the manufacturer as this is not a phone we support.

If you send a private message with your number, address & DOB, along with a link to this thread so we can take a look?

- Aoife

View more options
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up