Support:

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Search in Community:
Poster

being charged mobile internet usage although it was turned off

Hi,
I discovered today, that my Pay as you credit was 8 Euro less than it supposed to be. I didn't do any calls in the last few days, nor did I sent text messages.
My free text, calls and data bundle expired on the 01/10/17 and after that I did not use mobile data, because I know it is quite expensive when I don't have subscribed to a bundle.
I only used the WiFi and I always made sure, that mobile data is switched off.
There is a little icon on the left side of the header bar, showing all the time, that mobile data is switched off.
When I contacted the Vodafone Live Chat about the difference on my call credit I was told that I used the internet via mobile data on the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and today, 6th October. I am 100% sure, that I did not use the mobile internet since the 01/10/17.
Has someone an idea what might have happened?
How can I get my call credit back?
Thanks.
Billi
Sony xperia F3311

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 7 (97 Views)

Re: being charged mobile internet usage although it was turned off

Hi Billi,

I have reviewed your account and I can confirm that my colleague is correct, according to your usage details, there was a mobile data connection made on the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th of October, as you did not have an available data offer available, you were charged on our daily fee of €1.99 for 100mb of data. As the data usage on the days in question is very minimal - your mobile phone may have connected to mobile data in error for a minute or two, I have now applied a refund for the amount of €7.96. In order to prevent these charges from occurring in the future, we would recommend that you ensure mobile data is switched off completely, if you have your mobile data turned off and a connection is still being made, we would suggest that you drop in store to have your handset inspected by a member of staff.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 7 (96 Views)
Poster

Hi Ashling,

Thank you very much for your help and service!

Yes, I keep mobile data switched off completely and if that happens again I will follow your advice and get my phone checked.

Thanks again for your help!

Billi

Message 3 of 7 (93 Views)
Poster

Hi Ashling,

Same problem again :-(

2x 1.99 € are gone and I did not switch on the mobile data!!

The nearest Vodafone shop is 1.5 hour drive away. Is there another way to get my phone checked and find out what strange things are happening?

Kind regards,

Billi

Message 4 of 7 (69 Views)

Hi Billi,

I'm sorry to hear this, if you would prefer to post your handset directly to our repair centre, there would be no need for you to drop in store in person. To post your handset to our repair centre, please follow the steps linked here - the section you are looking for is You Can Send Your Phone To Us At: and proceed with downloading the customer repair form. If a fault is confirmed and this fault is the reason you have been charged incorrectly for mobile data usage, we will be happy to have the relevant credit refunded to your account.

Please note the below points prior to you sending your handset away:

1. Please back up important data (contacts, pictures, etc.) before sending in for Repair as data will be removed during the Repair process. Once the data is gone it cannot be recovered and Fónfix take no responsibility for loss of data.

2. Remove the SIM and Memory Cards from the Handset before sending the Handset in for Repair. (SIM or Memory Cards sent in with Repairs will be destroyed in line with data protection guidelines).

3. Provide a detailed fault description e.g. Unit is Freezing - where exactly? In the menu, on call, texting, etc. The greater and more specific the detail provided the easier it is for Fónfix to replicate the fault and carryout the Repair.

4. For charging faults make sure that you provide both the Charger and Battery with the Handset being sent in for Repair.

5. If there is an Unlock / Security Code enabled on the Handset or you have a Blackberry ID for example then you must provide these when logging the Repair. (Failure to do so will lead to delays in processing the Repair).

6. If there is an Unlock Code Pattern enabled on the handset you must provide a diagram of the pattern or deactivate before sending in for Repair. (Failure to do so will lead to delays in processing the Repair)

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 7 (52 Views)
Poster

Hi Ashling,

Thanks for your reply and how to get my phone checked out sending it to a repair centre.

I hope it won't be necessary. I googled a lot and learned, that this issue is not uncommon. 
I switched off "Location" and changed to "Background data restricted" and so far I haven't been charged mobile data since.

Keep fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Billi

Message 6 of 7 (38 Views)
Highlighted

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy

Ashling

Message 7 of 7 (36 Views)