Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Trying to add add-on

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi, 

Our internet is out and we need to add a data add-on.

The website says our plan is 'not supported online' (?) and gives an error; the app shows no option for usage or add-ons; live chat is gone; and getting someone on the phone doesn't seem to be possible.  This seems like it should be straightforward - can anyone at vodafone help?

Thanks

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert
What add-on are you trying to add. There are mobile phone data add-ons and mobile broadband data add-ons and they are not interchangeable with each other.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi cookie20,

A mobile broadband add-on - I'm not a mobile phone customer.

View more options
Community Expert
The mobile broadband add-on is not compatible with a mobile phone data usage. Its for mobile broadband customers.
So just to be certain:
Are you a mobile broadband customer with a broadband dongle or a mobile phone user wanting to use a hotspot and are you payg or bill pay?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi again,  I'm a mobile broadband customer with a Huawei B528s modem, billpay

View more options
Community Expert
There used to be a data add-on available. There's more info on this thread and how to get it:
https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Mobile-Billpay-Packages/4G-Home-Broadband-Question-Add-on-question/...
Cookie
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks Cookie20; that wasn't the right number but it did let me speak to a human, who transferred me to someone who transferred me to someone who etc. but got it done eventually.  Thanks for your help!

View more options
Community Expert
Glad you got it sorted!
Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding & glad to hear this has since been added for you. If you need help with this again in the future feel free to send us a private message (via the link in my signature) with the below details & we'll be able to assist with this.

Mobile broadband no.:

Dob:

Address:

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up