Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Topped up 20 on the 29th

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello I changed from bill pay to pay as you go.

on the 29th I got a text to say the change had occurred so i put 20 euro on for smart extra, today my credit is gone and my data is gone, I topped up again and all is good, but what happens to the 20 euro i topped up with on friday last?

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
Community Expert
Are you signed up to a plan?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Yes smart xtra
My phone didn't work Saturday phone sayed SIM not provisioned . I had put the 20 euro on Friday night, and could not use the phone I went into the Vodafone store today and he fixed the issue with "SIM not provisioned " but this then wiped my 6gb data and my 26 days of smart extra, I had to put another 20 on today to start it again.
View more options
Poster
Yes smart xtra
My phone didn't work Saturday phone sayed SIM not provisioned . I had put the 20 euro on Friday night, and could not use the phone I went into the Vodafone store today and he fixed the issue with "SIM not provisioned " but this then wiped my 6gb data and my 26 days of smart extra, I had to put another 20 on today to start it again.
View more options
Community Expert
What is the APN set to on your phone under network settings?
Did you sign up to the plan before you topped up?
Did you use the phone as a WiFi hotspot?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Hi M8,

thanks

for reply cannot find APN 

sign up for smart xtra, when i topped up i had 6gb data and 28 days calls etc but I could not use the phone as sim was not provisioned, when vodafone fixed this issue they wiped my 6gb + my 27 days to zero. I just want this refunded as ive added a second €20.

View more options
Poster

Going pay as you go is really a step down in customer service, bill pay you can talk to someone on the phone but you cannot speak to vodafone if your a pay as you go, you can only request a call back, Ironic...

View more options
Community Expert
The APN should be set to:
live.vodafone.com

Otherwise you'll be charged for data usage. Mods can advise on your refund query.
Cookie
View more options
Poster
Thx m8 apn is correct
View more options
Poster
Anyone help with this? I requested a call back 6 days ago. Great service Vodafone
View more options
Community Expert

You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the service you need support with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Cookie
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks again M8, but i can only find live chat for bill pay, Guess I just have to forget about getting my money back as vodafone don't give a ****.

thanks

Mark

View more options
Poster

I have a similar issue - there is no live chat for pay as you go. 

V frustrating......

D

View more options
Poster

Well ive still had no contact from Vodafone, I owe them some money from my final bill pay bill, I bet the will contact me for that.

Anyway ive given up on getting this resolved, no one really cares.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up