Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Top Up Plan Changed Without Me Knowing

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

For my entire time with Vodafone I have been on the plan below, this is the message I would get every month after top up:

"You now have 5GB Data plus unlimited Vodafone calls and texts for the next 4 weeks. €10 from your credit balance has been used to activate this offer."

The condition for the above was that I top up by €20 evry month, which I did so automatically as my card is registered via the Vodafone site.

Yesterday this automatic topup happened as normal BUT, instead of the usual message I got the following:

"Your Chat Extra top up offer has been activated. You now have unlimited any network calls and texts plus 1GB of data, for the next 4 weeks. €20 from your credit as been used to activate this offer."

Two things with regards the above:

1) I did not make this change to my top up offer

2) I was not at any time informed of this change to my top up offer - which  I might add is incredibly poor value for money compared to my previous offer.

Switching a customer to an entirely different offer without informing them or them having requested it is either a technical error or, if not an error, incredibly poor treatment of a loyal customer.

I would like to revert to my previous top up offer.

Please advise on the above.

Thanks, Mark

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Poster

Anyone??

View more options

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth: 

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks for dealing with this issue so quickly Ashling.

Much appreciated!

View more options
Poster

Seems like this issue may be surfacing again.  Yesterday I got an SMS saying:

"Your Vodafone top up offer has expired but theres no need to top up aain straight away. Get unlimited Vodafone calls plus 2GB of data, to use for the next 7 days, for just €5 of your credit. Simply reply DATA7 before 09/02/2019 and we'll apply this special offer to your account."

As last time, I have changed nothing myself and I wish to remain on the top up offer I am on and hav been on for the past 3 years. 

Can some one please check my account to see if this has been appllied to it? If so I wish it removed and to revert back to my current plan.

View more options

Hi there,

Can you please PM your number, address & DOB so we can take a look at this for you?

It does appear from the message above that this is a special offer you can select but doesn't over-write your tariff. I'd be happy to take a look either way.

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up