Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Switching from Bill Pay to PAYG - disaster

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Has anyone else found this process difficult? I switched yesterday and it has been nothing but a headache. I have been on to LiveChat 4 times now and my issues are still not resolved. I was told to topup by €30 to activate a plan - I did this, I got a text from Vodafone saying I had successfully topped up by €30 however this now seems to not have been credited to my account and LiveChat are telling me I never topped up and to contact my Bank?! But I have a text confirmation that I did topup? Is there anyone from Vodafone on here who can assist me? Or is there a human I can speak to on the phone. When I call the customer service number all I get is an option to schedule a callback. I have been a Vodafone customer for all of my adult life and I am extremely frustrated by all of this. 

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert

To activate a plan you must follow the instructions. You text the plan you want, you wait for confirmation and then top up. Is this what you did or did you do something else?
https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/extra.html?icmp=smart-extra-payg-plans.html

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

thanks for much for replying and so sorry about the double post! 

i was onto an agent on Live Chat who told me they activated the plan for me and all I needed to do was topup in one go by €30 which I did. 

I got a text confirming €30 topup but now Vodafone are saying I never topped up at all the the plan is awaiting activation by €30 topup. They could not answer me when I asked where on earth my €30 is gone to?

View more options
Community Expert
It can take a couple of minutes. Did you try restarting the phone and then checking credit/plan status?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

yes I have restarted the phone and no joy unfortunately 

View more options
Community Expert
we'll have to wait for mods to look into it.
Cookie
View more options
Poster
Do they generally look at all posts or do I need to flag? I requested a callback from Vodafone today but it never happened.
View more options
Community Expert

You can send a moderator a private message but they will get to the post. Mods may need to tweak your account. You can private message them (which ever mod you see online) the following info:
- Mobile number:
- Address:
- Date of birth:
- Link to your thread or post:

Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

If you could PM me with the details listed in cookies post, I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up