Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Sim Card De-activated

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi,

I've been out of the country for the past year to take care of my family back home in China and haven't used my Vodafone sim for over 8 months. Just back and trying to login in to web portal to top up but says is de-activated.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Wan

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert

It may have been recycled as numbers not in use will be returned for resale. You could try live chat and ask them to check if the number can be reactivated. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the service you need support with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Otherwise you'll have to get a new sim and number.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Nice one - I got in touch with LiveChat and got it sorted - Thanks

View more options
Community Expert
Glad it's sorted.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi Wan,

I'm really sorry for the delay in responding here but I'm glad to hear our Live Chat team were able to sort this for you & thanks for coming back to let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks Cookie for assisting also Smiley Happy

~ Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

My vodafone is inactived too as not top up for 6 months ! I thought that I made calls/texts within 6 months was ok to maintain for 6 month period. But does it really need to top up money into it? If I still have more than 30eu, how do I need to top up more into pay as you go SIM? I just want to keep this number for contacting my Irish people when I was working there (I am in England now). 

View more options
Community Expert
It's a case of use it or lose it. You dont own the n umber you have you just hire it and have rights to it as long as you use it.
Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can take a look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Full address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Heather.

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

I have a sim card that was also de activated, and would like to reactivate it.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up