Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Returned phone by post

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi 
I ordered a phone online on Sunday 10 March for a Samsung J4 plus. The order went through and all was grand. However I then received an
email to say the order was cancelled. With that I drove to the Vodafone shop in Limerick and bought the same phone.

On Tuesday I received a phone by post. I tried to ring Customer Care but did not get through to anyone.
I rang the Vodaphone shop and asked if I could returned the phone that I received on line with them, they said no I had to post it.
I then took the phone and posted it back to Dublin on March 12th. This cost me 6.20.

I had a this stage paid for two phones, I have not received an email to say that the phone has been received and that my phone will be refunded.
Could someone look into this for me please. I have attached my order form. My order no is o558992039.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Fidelma 

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Valued Poster
Hi Fidelma,

Send a PM to one of the mods with the following and they can look into it for you:

Mobile Number
Order Number
Address
Date of Birth
Link to this thread
View more options
Poster
Thanks for your help
View more options
Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the help, so far I  have contacted 6 moderators through private messages and have not got a reply from anyone. I also contacted them through Faebook and download the app to contact someone on Live Chat but still no reply. 

I sent a registered letter to Vodafone today, have you any other ideas.

Thanks Fidelma 

View more options
Valued Poster
What mods have you contacted?

@Ashling @Aoife @Liam @Daz @Danielle @ailis
View more options
Poster
Hi. Yes I private message all those.
View more options
Poster
Sorry I have not contacted Daz. I have tried the other people though.
View more options
Community Expert
Please dont repeat private message them. They will reply to you in due course. Repeat private messages will just cause confusion and delay responses even more.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up