Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Reactivate SIM card

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello,

Hope I am in right area!

Just wanted to please check about getting a vodafone SIM card (PAYG) reactivated for my mother - can this be done online, or could I call on my phone? 

Thanks,

Aoife.

View more options
10 REPLIES
Community Expert

It can be done (possibly!) vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Mods can check this out for you.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Valued Poster

@cookie20 is spot on. After 6 months of inactivity or no top ups, you can't make phone calls. After 8 months, you lose your call credit and your number is reassigned to someone else. How long has it been since you called/received calls and/or sent/received texts? When was the last time you topped up that number? I'd recommend contacting live chat (keep in mind they are available from 8 am to 10 pm IST), or sending a PM to @Ashling with following details and she can pass this on to the proper channel. If it's been more than 8 months: You may be out of luck. Keep in mind that mods are gone for the day and can look into this tomorrow.

Your Mobile number:
Your Address:
Your Date of birth:
A number you'd regularly call from your mobile:
The link to this thread:

If you send @Ashling a PM, make sure to include the details above or else she won't respond. If you use live chat, don't use chrome as it doesn't play well with the links.

View more options

Hi Aoife,

If the SIM card is registered in your mother’s name, she will need to be the one to request this SIM card reactivation. If you could ask your mother to contact us through her own Vodafone Community account, I would be happy to look into this for her?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thanks all for the replies - afraid she's not familiar with the internet or very mobile at the moment but I did manage to get her sorted in a shop yesterday luckily - thanks though.

View more options

That's great to hear, thanks so much for keeping us posted Smiley Happy

Ashling

To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi :-) Just wondering if it's possible to reactivate an old sim card?It hasn't been used for about a year.

Many thanks

View more options
Community Expert

Most likely not I'm afraid. Vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

Thank you

View more options
Poster

Hi   can you help me in my case please  the nomber is inactive abaut a week i wos in my local vodafone centre today and they sed that there is no personal detals under this number and the girl sed that she can't do noting for me

View more options

Hi there,

Can you please PM the number in question?

Thanks,

Danielle 

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up