Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

R218h Verification Number

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hello, I recently acquired an R218h mobile wi-fi and wanted to set up the monitor app and put some 'pay as you go' credit on it.  In order to do this I need the verification number and, based on similar queries I've seen elsewhere in the forums, I will need to transfer the SIM card from the device into a phone to receive the verification number as an SMS.  The problem is that the SIM card, as it came boxed, is larger than the phone I have will accommodate.   

The problem seems obvious to solve, i.e. just punch the SIM out of the tab, but I wanted to make sure that this is the correct way to do this because it might prove to be a hassle to refit the card back into the tab when I go to put it back into the R218h device.  Can anyone confirm this is the right way to go?  Thanks.

View more options
8 REPLIES
Community Expert

Click here to obtain the knowledge you seek young Padawan

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Thanks, that helped.  The next issue now is that I topped up the number with a voucher on my phone, but the voicemail and the app both show my credit as being 1 cent.  When I put the SIM back into the R218h and connect the phone to its wi-fi I get a connection.  How can this be?  Is there a delay in updating the credit balance?

View more options
Community Expert
Did you purchase a plan with the credit you uploaded?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

No, it was just the usual voucher top up process via the 1741 number.

View more options
Community Expert

Can i ask how much you topped up by?

Also - if you log into My Vodafone using that account - does it show you on any preset plan of some type?

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Ah, wait.  I just had to refresh the app.  The data allowance and 28 day limit has appeared.  I guess I'm good to go.

View more options
Community Expert

Great Stuff Smiley Happy

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks Digi Smiley Happy

@Odolwa - if you require any further assistance, please get in touch.

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up