Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

PAYG UK Roaming excessive charges

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

HI there,Im using my vodafone ireland pay as you go sim a lot as im working a lot in the uk and am signed up to vodafone passport.Normally i can receive calls from ireland in the uk for free but for the past week i am charged a connection fee ~ 79cent and then a per minute charge.i have gone through over 50 euro mostly receiving calls this week.i have not had this problem all of last year in the UK where i could receive calls for free as long as i topped up by 20 euro per month.I would like this resolved as soon as possible as my family cant ring me from homeAny ihelp would be much appreciated.These issues have continued despite me roaming on the vodafone uk network.Is there now a connection feee for receiving calls in the uk?Is there now a per minute charge to receive a call?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Valued Poster

According to the website you shouldn't be charged, A Moderator will be on tomorrow so if you contact them they'll look into it for you.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/roaming/map/

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
View more options
Poster

Thats what i thought -thanks for the info -will be good alright to get a moderator to look into it as i definately shouldnt be charged for receving calls in the uk

View more options
Poster

cant get through on 1747 as it says the vodafone call centre is excessively busy -back to the airport then uk now and still no joy with this problem

View more options
Valued Poster
Hi there jamespc,

You could also come online tomorrow as a Representative will be online 9am-5pm and they can sort out the problem...

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@jamespc wrote:

HI there,Im using my vodafone ireland pay as you go sim a lot as im working a lot in the uk and am signed up to vodafone passport.Normally i can receive calls from ireland in the uk for free but for the past week i am charged a connection fee ~ 79cent and then a per minute charge.i have gone through over 50 euro mostly receiving calls this week.i have not had this problem all of last year in the UK where i could receive calls for free as long as i topped up by 20 euro per month.I would like this resolved as soon as possible as my family cant ring me from homeAny ihelp would be much appreciated.These issues have continued despite me roaming on the vodafone uk network.Is there now a connection feee for receiving calls in the uk?Is there now a per minute charge to receive a call?

Thanks for the post. Seems like a very strange one. Once your opted into Vodafone Passport, there shouldn't be any charge. Can you pop me over a PM with the following info and I'll check this out for you?

Mobile Number

Address

Date of Birth

Link to this thread

Thanks,

I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up