Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Opt out of chat extra

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

How do I opt out of the chat extra offer. I dont want to opt in to any other offer I just want to top up by 20 euro and use it as I go , how do i do this ?

View more options
10 REPLIES
Community Expert
You cannot opt out except by opting in to another offer or topping up in small amounts such that you dont reactivate your chat extra offer.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Cookie is spot on, if you would like to top up by €20 and keep this top up in credit, we can switch you to our unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone calls & texts pus 250mb of data offer, this bundle requires a top up of €20 or more to activate and will also allow you to keep the top up that you have purchased as call credit. If you would like to switch to this offer, please let us know and we can have this processed for you.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Ashling,

I'd like to switch to this offer.  Why isn't it an option on your site?

View more options
Community Expert

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

No problem at all, if you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can have this processed for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

I am in a smart extra package up until the 28th. I dont want to renew it for another 28 days. How do I opt out of this and just use my credit as normal? Is there a way to opt out without having to ring the 1800 number, surely a text will suffice?

Thanks

View more options

Hi there,

We have two top up offers available that will allow you to keep your top up amount as call credit.
The first option will provide you with unlimited any network texts plus 250mb of data and the second option will provide you with unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone calls and texts plus 250MB of data. 
Both of these top up offers require you to top up by €20 or more in one full go in order to activate your chosen allowance and you get to keep your top up amount as call credit.

If you could private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can have you opted into your preferred top up offer?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Can you please advise what offer you would like to opt into?

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hi Ashling,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not ready to sign to to a new/different plan. I just want to literally pay as I go for a while until I decide what I use most of my credit on. Then I'll decide on a plan.

Can you just tell me how I can opt out please?

Thank you.

View more options

Unfortunately, we would be unable to opt you out of all top up offers completely. If you would like to keep your top up amount as call credit, you would have the option to avail of one of the offers listed in my last post or alternatively, you can simply top in smaller amounts €5, €10, €15 to avoid the activation of your current monthly €20 offer.

Thanks

View more options
Poster

Okay - thank you.

Will PM you now.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up