Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

I supposedly bought a brand new SIM card. I was fooled around

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi,

I just bought a brand new SIM card at Dublin airport but somebody has already used it before. I bought it in 05/Jan/2019. It costed 35 euros for a PAYG plan (unlimited calls for any number and 8GB of Internet). I signed up and checked my PAYG topup history and somebody has made previosly a topup of 30 euros in 02/Dec/2018!!! Why is it happening? It should be a brand new SIM card, it has came in a original plastic package, which was non-violated. That very same situation happened with my wife. Please, fix this already!

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
Community Expert

Who did you buy it from? What store specifically? I dont believe there is any such plan available from Vodafone.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

From a store in Dublin airport, in the ground level, terminal 2. Close to the departure section in Terminal 1. It wasn't an official store, but there's a lot of store that sells Vodafone's SIM cards. It's the place where tourists could get information as well. The same situation happend with my wife. My SIM card's Internet is down right now.

View more options
Poster

Yes, there's a plan which consists of unlimited calls for any number (landline and cell phones). In my Vodafone's current plan appears: 

Extra - 8GB internet, unlimited calls & texts to Irish landline & mobiles and 100 international minutes

View more options
Community Expert

The quickest way to deal with it is to return it to the store where you bought it as that's who you have the contract of sale with, especially if it's not an official Vodafone store. Mods wont be back until tomorrow to help and may advise you of the same thing as they have no proof of what you are saying.

You could possibly try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the servuce you need supprot with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in our reply. Do you still require assistance?

If so, please send on the below info by PM:

Mobile number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Yes. My case is completed, but my wife still has the same problem. I called Vodafone's customer service and they fixed it for me. During the call, I was tried to fix my wife's problem, but they said that she would have to call them. It would be complicated, as she doesn't speak English. Could you please solve this problem for her? Best regards, Roberto
View more options

Hi Roberto,

We're glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

In regards to your wife's account, we can only discuss accounts with the account holder or with the account contact. If it is possible for your wife to contact us (you might assist her in making this call) and ask for you to be added as an account contact, we can continue to discuss the query with you here.

Thanks,

Liam

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Community Expert
Ask her to post here on this thread and mods can assist.
Cookie
View more options
Poster

Hi, it's Diandria (Roberto's wife). The same thing happened to me. We bought two brand new SIM cards and they weren't "new", despite the fact they came sealed in plastic. So, could the mods fix it for me as well?

Thanks,

Diandria

View more options

Hi Diandria,

Can you please send us the below details by PM?

Date of birth:

Full address:

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Poster
I've just sent you a PM. Thanks
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up